Re: Infone to Shut Down

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: The best directory information service

> I know of is the one the Digest sponsors. And it is the least > expensive also: > Directory Assistance just 65 cents for one or two inquiries, charged > to your credit card. It is _real time_ from a telco-associated service > bureau. The way it works is that at >
formatting link
you register a few phone numbers > you will most always use to get your directory assistance. Then you > are assigned an 800 number to use. When you call that 800 number the > ANI is captured; the 65 cent charge is placed on your credit card > (usually, several accumulated calls, around a month's worth are > charged at one time) and you are patched through to an operator at the > telco service bureau to get the desired information. 65 cents is a > very good rate! Try it for a few calls and see if you like it. There > are no deposits required, nor any minimum number of calls required. If > you like it, the program your phone system to take all calls dialed to > '411' or '555-1212' and translate them into the 800 number you are > assigned to use. If you don't like it, then quit using it. The sign-up > page is at
formatting link
. PAT]

Thanks for the tip, Pat! I now remember you mentioning this before, but I liked Infone so didn't pay much attention. I never use 411 from home, thats what Google is for, but when on the road I occasionally have a need for it.

Reply to
J Kelly
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.