Numeric Pager Notification of E-mail

I have a need to receive notifications of new e-mail on my numeric pager. Obviously the simplest solution is to just upgrade to a text pager and forward copies of my e-mail to it. However, this simply isn't an option.

The specific situation is that I use GrandCentral for my voicemail and I would like to be paged with my GrandCentral number (or at least a recognizable string of numbers that indicate new voicemail) when a new message is deposited. If I configure GrandCentral to send notifications to a specific POP3 box, I can have a service monitor that POP3 box and shoot out a notification to my pager when a GrandCentral message gets deposited.

Is anyone aware of any service that will monitor a POP3 e-mail box for a new message (better yet, from a specific e-mail address) and then blast a string of numbers to a conventional numeric pager? Googling is leaving me empty-handed.

I did take a moment to leave beta feedback with the GrandCentral folks suggesting pager notification of new voicemail, particularly given the number of people who still carry pagers and the fact that most modern cellular voicemail systems still offer this capability.

Thanks!

Reply to
Steve Crow
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.