Re: Numeric Pager Notification of E-mail

I have a need to receive notifications of new e-mail on my numeric

> pager. Obviously the simplest solution is to just upgrade to a text > pager and forward copies of my e-mail to it. However, this simply > isn't an option. > The specific situation is that I use GrandCentral for my voicemail and > I would like to be paged with my GrandCentral number (or at least a > recognizable string of numbers that indicate new voicemail) when a new > message is deposited. If I configure GrandCentral to send > notifications to a specific POP3 box, I can have a service monitor > that POP3 box and shoot out a notification to my pager when a > GrandCentral message gets deposited. > Is anyone aware of any service that will monitor a POP3 e-mail box for > a new message (better yet, from a specific e-mail address) and then > blast a string of numbers to a conventional numeric pager? Googling is > leaving me empty-handed. > I did take a moment to leave beta feedback with the GrandCentral folks > suggesting pager notification of new voicemail, particularly given the > number of people who still carry pagers and the fact that most modern > cellular voicemail systems still offer this capability. > Thanks!

I know nothing about the companies mentioned below but you might want to check out:

formatting link
formatting link
formatting link
With a little more research you should be able to come up with something that does what you want if these are found to be lacking.

Try entering [email notification "numeric pager" pop3] into Google, minus the brackets and see what turns up.

Reply to
GlowingBlueMist
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.