Wireless router can't access e-mails on OE

I've just installed a Belkin wireless router and all the things are going fine. I can access websites and update things from the Internet using Firefox and IE6. However, I can't seem to receive any e-mails from my ISPs e-mail accounts. I can receive e-mail for another accounbt (Gmail) but nothing else.

I could easily receive e-mails when I had my ADSL modem installed until I installed my router.

I get a error message saying this The server responded with an error. Account: 'pop.tiscali.co.uk', Server: 'pop.tiscali.co.uk', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR AVG POP3 Proxy Server: Cannot connect to the mail server!', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC90

I've already done unchecking the "Always connect this account using..." as been advised to do so what else could I do?

I'm running Windows 98 and OE6

Pablo

Reply to
Pablo
Loading thread data ...

What model Belkin? It probably doesn't matter in this case, but it's always nice to know what you're working with.

I'll assume you're using pop3 for picking up gmail and not the web based mail interface.

Check the firmware version on your unspecified Belkin model. If out of date, install the latest.

See if this helps:

formatting link
to me like a problem with the user login name and/or password. I would NOT do the 2nd and 3rd suggestions on this web page until you're sure it's not something else. Also, check your "mail" settings in AVG. You might want to disable mail checking just for testing.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann
[POSTED TO alt.internet.wireless - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]

Looks like you're running AVG anti-virus, which has a POP3 proxy that's having trouble with the POP3 connection. Check the documentation.

Reply to
John Navas

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.