Remote Notification w/Meridian Mail and Pager

I have a Meridian Mail 12.11.3 on an Option 61. I am having a problem getting it to leave a message to an Arch numeric pager. I can get it to dial the pager number, but the callback number is not being sent. I've tried changing all the timers in the Tools RN area, but nothing seems to make a difference. And, yes, I have the Data Terminator digit set to E in the Outcalling Administration. If I set the RN to dial a phone (off site), leaving the setting as a numeric pager, the number is dialed and after a pause the callback digits are sent.

I have been monitoring a dedicated analog trunk I set up for testing. The pager number is dialed, it answers and sends a series of beeps back. Then after several seconds I hear fast busy and it disconnects. I've tried setting the various timeouts to their minimums, maximums and various settings in between, but nothing seems to make a difference. It's like the MM hears the beeps and doesn't know what to do.

I also tried programming another system the same way and got the same results.

I have a Call Pilot set up to dial the same system, and it works fine. Is there something odd with the Arch paging that MM dosen't like?

Thanks, in advance.

EC

Reply to
Edward Chop
Loading thread data ...

installed system by a distributor. Changing it involves going into a "special" area that cannot be discussed here. Your alternative is to do a comprehensive upgrade to the latest release using your install tape. Make sure the system is backed up. What's probably happening is it doesn't recognize the ring before the prompt tone. What does is say when you look at outcalling audit trail? Maybe no answer?

Reply to
Bob

Of the choices: Phone; Tone; Voice; Numeric; Service, you should be using "Numeric" and these values work for me....but before that, note that Arch has strict anti-spam tools running so if they see more than a couple identical senders in a row, they will kill the message. You might want to consider this package - I bought it to solve the problem of so many devices - less than a $1000 I think....does a LOT:

formatting link

Here are my settings in tools

RN device NUMERIC PAGER administration

Enter all time values in seconds.

Callback Number Prefix : Callback Number Terminator : # Callback Number Separator : * Silence Detection Time-out : 9 Delay before sending Callback Number Prefix : 2 Delay between sending Prefix and sending Data : 0 Delay before playing Prompts or Disconnecting : 2 Play Prompts to the paging system? (Yes/No) : No

Edward Ch> I have a Meridian Mail 12.11.3 on an Option 61. I am having a problem

Reply to
GHTROUT

I replied before, but I don't see it showing up on this thread.

I'm sure I've tried those settings before, but I plugged them in, anyway, and got the same results. This is strange, since I have verified that it dials out. It just won't send the callback number. If I send it to a phoneset, it will send the CBN.

I haven't contacted Arch. I'm ready to send it to my vendor and let them figure it out.

Ed

Reply to
Edward Chop

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.