Multiline expandable cordless systems [Telecom]

I've been trying to get a good cordless phone system for my home/office, but I've yet to find a system that meets my needs. (Ok, the old siemens gigaset did, but the reliability was, um, bad)

My must haves:

1) Must support at least 5 cordless extensions 2) Must support at least 2 POTS lines 3) All extensions must share the same missed-call list. (I don't want my office to say I missed 5 calls, my kitchen to say I missed 12 calls, and the handset under the sofa says I missed 230 calls).

You'd think these aren't impossible to find, but I'll be darned if I can find one! Do I have to get some kind of business phone system for this?

Thanks,

--rob

***** Moderator's Note *****

Please don't use l33t speak when obfuscating your email address: it's so .... nineties.

Bill Horne Temporary Moderator

Please put [Telecom] at the end of your subject line, or I may never see your post! Thanks!

We have a new address for email submissions: telecomdigestmoderator atsign telecom-digest.org. This is only for those who submit posts via email: if you use a newsreader or a web interface to contribute to the digest, you don't need to change anything.

Reply to
Rob Little
Loading thread data ...

I've yet to find a

reliability was, um, bad)

office to say I missed

says I missed 230

one! Do I have to

Motorola mad one, but the only place I have seen them is on eBay and the wireless handsets are getting rare and some sells want an arm and a leg for them. Also when you buy the hand sets you have to make sure that they have not been registered with the base, or if they have been they have been un-registered or you will never get them to work. Search MD7001 and or MD7091. I saw one for $269.00 for a base and one hand set, which is about $70.00 more then what Motorola sold them for.

Reply to
Steven Lichter

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.