ISDN basestation with DECT handsets

Hi all, I have to install a phone system to handle the calls for a small office with an ISDN line in Italy.

I would like to get cordless DECT terminals for the office workers, 3 in total.

I found the Simens Gigaset ISDN products and it looks like they could do the job of a traditional ISDN PBX sytem for a small office at a fraction of the price.

Here are the Siemens ISDN base systems that I am considering:

Gigaset SX353isdn

Gigaset SX255isdn

I am not sure if I should go for the Gigaset SX353isdn or the Gigaset SX255isdn.

Both base systems will allow up to 3 simultaneous calls (2 external and

1 internal) and up to 8 DECT handsets.

I noticed the following differences: the SX353isdn includes a corded phone and support Bluetooth, the SX255isdn has 2 analogue inputs (instead of 1).

Did I miss any other difference? The price is the same (176 euro).

About the cordless terminals, I am considering the Gigaset SL1 colour or the Gigaset S1:

They are standard DECT phones, they are around 100 euro (it depends on the model).

What do you think about this phone setup? Will it work fine for a small office? Should I go directly for a traditional ISDN PBX system (that of course is much more expensive)? I don't anticipate any expansion in the office anytime soon.

Do you recommend any other product/brand to setup such phone system?

Thanks!

Reply to
meATprivacyDOTnet
Loading thread data ...

Several people here (myself included) have BT badged (Siemens manufactured) Diverse ISDN systems.

I'm not sure whether they're identical to the Siemens own-branded ones, but you can often pick them up pretty cheaply from EBay or:-

Reply to
David Quinton

The 255 includes 3 Phoneboxes, the 353 "only" one.

PS: This is .de Group

Gruß

Klaus

Reply to
Klaus Schwarzkamp

I would prever the SX 255isdn because you can Position it on a place in the center of the Office where you have the best Radio Connection in and around your Office.

I would take the SL 1. They are smaller and have more functions.

MfG Daniel Kaufmann

"meATprivacyDOTnet" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news: snipped-for-privacy@uni-berlin.de...

Reply to
Daniel Kaufmann

Do you know what's the original Siemens system?

The Siemens Gigase website is at the following URL:

Thanks.

Reply to
meATprivacyDOTnet

It looks like the Gigaset SX353isdn also has 3 answering machines:

Reply to
meATprivacyDOTnet

That's true, but the Gigaset SX353isdn basestation also includes a corded phone and supports Bluetooth, I will probably go for it.

Yes, I think I am going to buy the Gigaset SL1 Colour handsets.

Ciao.

Reply to
meATprivacyDOTnet

Looks like the current Siemens one has far more features than the BT one (USB connectivity, set up via PC) etc.

Reply to
David Quinton

How's your German?

Reply to
David Quinton

Yes, I noticed that there are a lot of ISDN phones on eBay.de, I think I am going to buy the Siemens Gigaset SX353isdn from Germany, I hope it will work fine in Italy.

BTW, it looks like Siemens is discontinuing the Gigaset SL1 Colour DECT handset. Do you know if it will be replaced by a new model?

Thanks.

Reply to
meATprivacyDOTnet

If it says "EuroISDN" or "DSS1" somewhere in the specs, it should work. And most likely it will say that, all new connections in Germany are EuroISDN/DSS1.

Some additional services may have minor issues though. For example charge display (AOD, AOE) often doesn't work in Finland with German ISDN-phones.

On the other hand, the whole unit based charge display is (at least in Finland) becoming obsolete. Many telcos have started using new billing systems which count seconds, not units. The side effect is that charge display service will most likely be eventually withdrawn.

If you go to a garage sale in Germany, you could however see some obsolete 1TR6 stuff. 1TR6 stuff is not compatible with contemporary ISDN connections. But this warning is really for "antique ISDN telephone" collectors :-)

Ari Wuolle

Reply to
Ari Wuolle

Hello you at dotcom:

SX255isdn costs about 179 EUR the other one (SX353) 249 EUR

Greets

Reply to
Marian-Marcel

The Siemens Gigaset SX353isdn is 176.60 EUR at .

I think I am going to buy it!

Ciao.

Reply to
meATprivacyDOTnet

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.