Changing email address on Telecom Digest mailing list [Telecom]

Help! I am changing Internet providers and need to change my email addre= ss on the Telecom Digest mailing list. I have search the digest and the website, but cannot find out how to change my email address on the mailing list. Can you please help me? Also, there must be others in the same boat, so it would seem that that reference to how to do it should be on the website or a "change/unsubscribe" link in the footer of the digest.

Thank you

--Kerbey Altmann

***** Moderator's Note *****

Kerbey,

The information is cleverly hidden in the headers of the digest emails. I've changed the at-signs to ".at.". I suggest you try the "help" command first.

List-Help: (List Instructions) List-Unsubscribe: (Use this command to get off the list)

List-Subscribe: (Use this command to join the list)

List-Post: List-Owner: (Contact Person for Help)

Bill Horne Temporary Moderator

Please put [Telecom] at the end of your subject line, or I may never see your post! Thanks!

We have a new address for email submissions: telecomdigestmoderator atsign telecom-digest.org. This is only for those who submit posts via email: if you use a newsreader or a web interface to contribute to the digest, you don't need to change anything.

Reply to
Kerbey Altmann
Loading thread data ...

In article you write:

Unlike some of that cheap off-brand list management software, ours handles address changes directly. Write from your NEW address to snipped-for-privacy@telecom-digest.org and in the body of the message put:

changeaddr snipped-for-privacy@oldisp.com

(where snipped-for-privacy@oldisp.com is your old address, of course.)

It'll send confirmation messages to the old and then new addresses to be sure you're for real. Just click the URL in the confirmation messages.

R's, John, mailing list wrangler

Reply to
John Levine

Out beloved Majordomo software is a little bit like a #5 crossbar exchange: it can do many extraordinary things, but it requires a degree of care and feeding and attention and love that is occasionally off-putting to those who have been schooled in somewhat less staid and conservative products. I understand that those who are used to wrangling a horse and buggy might feel uncomfortable riding in a Model A: having been honored to work in an office with several #5 crossbar exchanges, I can attest to the deep emotional attachments that grow up over time between dedicated men and the tools they use.

For reasons known only to either RMS or he-who-greps, the subject lines of emails sent to the Majordomo software do not count, and therefor I must amend the "Help" address I gave earlier. To get help from the majordomo robot, use this (slightly modified) address:

mailto: snipped-for-privacy@telecom-digestTAKEOUT.org?Subject=Does_Not_Matter&body=help

I hope this clears up some of the confusion. At some time in the future, I will make the journey to Delphi and seek guidance from The Oracle as to why the "List" headers Majordomo puts out do not do what I had expected. I will ask humbly, and report back on The Oracle's answer.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Horne

Help! I am changing Internet providers and need to change my email addre= ss on the Telecom Digest mailing list. I have search the digest and the website, but cannot find out how to change my email address on the mailing list. Can you please help me? Also, there must be others in the same boat, so it would seem that that reference to how to do it should be on the website or a "change/unsubscribe" link in the footer of the digest.

Thank you

--Kerbey Altmann

***** Moderator's Note *****

(Resent to correct the "help" email. Sorry about that.)

Kerbey,

The information is cleverly hidden in the headers of the digest emails. I've changed the at-signs to ".at.". I suggest you try the "help" command first.

List-Help:

(List Instructions) List-Unsubscribe: (Use this command to get off the list)

List-Subscribe: (Use this command to join the list)

List-Post: List-Owner: (Contact Person for Help)

Bill Horne Temporary Moderator

Please put [Telecom] at the end of your subject line, or I may never see your post! Thanks!

We have a new address for email submissions: telecomdigestmoderator atsign telecom-digest.org. This is only for those who submit posts via email: if you use a newsreader or a web interface to contribute to the digest, you don't need to change anything.

Reply to
Kerbey Altmann

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.