Info on panasonic KX-TG4500B

Anyone have any experience with the Panasonic KX-TG4500B?

I'm looking at this 5.4GHz unit from Panasonic. It *seems* like is has the stuff I want from my old Siemens days -- you can name the handsets, join a call in progress, corded base unit, etc.

*however*, I've got a panasonic right now (KX-TG6502), and its horrible! The sound quality on the cordless units is poor, and each cordless unit has its own missed-call list (!!) -- if you have 4 handsets, 2 of which rarely get used, then those 2 handsets always have 50 missed calls. (The Siemens worked more like a PBX -- each handset just reported the system-wide missed-call status). Does the 4500B have the same lame behavior?

The reviews for the 4500B sound promising (except for the part about the base unit not being able to join a call that was made by a handset), but I'd rather hear from someone who's used it.

(Oh, and if I'm insane for thinking Panasonic, anyone have any other suggestions? I'm to the point where I'm thinking of PBX systems with cordless extensions...I just want an old Siemens gigaset that doesn't crap out after a year!)

Thanks,

--rob

Reply to
Robert Little
Loading thread data ...
[Default] Robert Little said on that big USENET thingie:

The two solutions that seem to be working well are the Panasonic Kx-TG4500b and the TMC EV4500 system. The TMC allows you to add cordless phones to the system with a module that adds an analog port to the system.

We have the TMC manual available at

formatting link
Those are about the only choices that I am aware of in a "plug and play" product.

Steve

Reply to
support

Forget the Panasonic. Can you believe, it does not have a hold function ? Have put one in (last one) and it is very user unfriendly.

TerryS

Reply to
Terry

The KX-TG4500b even has a music on hold function built in.

Steve

Reply to
support

But does the KX-TG4500B have a separate list of missed calls for each handset, or does it have one master list of missed calls? (i.e. I have 5 handsets. I get a call and answer it on handset #1. What do the other handsets say? With the 6502 that I have, the other 4 handsets will all say "1 missed call", even though I answered it.

Thanks,

--rob

Reply to
Robert Little
[Default] Robert Little said on that big USENET thingie:

That sounds like a weird design. To be honest even when we had the 4000b here I rarely would look at the caller ID list.

We use the TMC EV4500 as our core system here so I don't know for sure about the Panasonic. You might try Panasonic tech support which is 800-211-7262.

I only recommend it when people want a strictly cordless setup.

Regards,

Steve

Reply to
support

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.