Latest threads in CCTV, Alarms and other Physical Securityshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Plug In Alarm
I'm trying to find a type of interior siren/horn motion detector that can be plugged into an outlet. Do they make such an alarm? If so, are there any recommendations? Thanks, BMW

26. NEWBEES, if possible avoid wireless alarm systems
They are not reliable and are dead on warning when a transmitter operates in a condition who muzzle the wireless alarm system. This is easily done with Radio Transmitters operating: - ON the wireless...

rlb?
http://gprime.net/video.php/bassbumpers

Window Security Recommendations
I'm looking for a wireless window alarm for my basement. I've seen the First Alert commercials. I think that is the type of alarm I'm looking for. Those seem to work pretty good on TV. Are there any...

newbie question wireless security system
Hello, I am looking for a wireless security system, where I can check on the status of the system from 3 different locations (floors). Also, I want to be notified ,for example, that the front door was...

Arizona License Questions...
Greetings... Can anyone advise on AZ alarm co licensing questions: Are sales reps working door-to-door required to be licensed? Technician/installers?

OT Car alarm question
Hi All, OK, I don't claim to know much about car alarms, however I recently installed an Audiovox car alarm in my '01 RAV 4. The alarm is designed to trip on current draw i.e. when dome light comes...

Ademco programming
Hey, I have a really dumb question. I'm reading that Ademco panels require a 6139 keypad for programming. So what if you give the customer a different keypad? Are they expected to never reprogram the...

DIY Burglar Alarm and Video Security
Hi guys, I really enjoy reading your bantering. It's good fun. My boss is remodeling his house, and it's time for him to pre-wire for burglar alarm and cameras. I told him I'd help him out 'cause I'm...

Glass Break Detectors
What is the general consensus on glass break detectors? Do they work well enough to rely on them as a primary perimeter security device? Or are motion dectors a better bet? I currently have Caddx...

Need installation/programming manual for FBII XL 4600
Hello all I bought a 14 year old house that came with a FBII Star XL 4600 alarm. I just managed to get all the zones working (one of the door sensors turned out to be stuck open). Anyway, I'm kind of...

VISTA 15SE ?
What the heck is a Vista 15SE ??...the board says 15SE Rev 2.1 - 2000, but the programming sheet left in the box by whomever (system never programmed) is a Vista 15 (no alpha suffix). Am I looking at...

OT Funny
An elderly lady phoned her telephone company to report that her telephone failed to ring when her friends called - and that on the few occasions when it did ring, her pet dog always moaned right...

Seeeking link for HAI OmniPro II Web-link software.
Anywhere I can download this? HAI tells me I have to order a disc through our supplier, which is going to take 2 days. tx

Vista 10SE powering up in STAY mode
Hi, all I am trying to help out a friend. His monitoring contract ran out on a Brinks system that he had installed when purchasing the house two years ago. Brinks removed a Vista 10SE, which I now...