Vsita 15P programming question

Of course you would, unless you happened to be debating from the other side. Than you would be arguing that it is not confusing, just not logical. Your jailhouse attorney experience has crept into your later life. You like to argue the opposite side of anyone's position and yet, at the end, have said nothing.

almost invariably? What does that mean? Does that mean that you don't know whether they **do** or **don't**?

Reply to
Bob Worthy
Loading thread data ...

I wonder what the Brazilians think of your attempts at a second language. Que Tenha Um Bon Dia....

Reply to
Bob Worthy

my English skill is a lot better then your French skill..

at least I know how to spell counselling..( hint read your post....)

"Robert L Bass" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com...

Reply to
petem

"Robert L Bass" a écrit dans le message de news: pumdndyfi9 snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com...

If my experience is limited,yours is none..,I for a living work on the road every day..I dont try to sell online some stuff I dont understand much,while my fat ass keep on growing...

that's your opinion.. again based on a very low experience in communicating in a different language then your first one..

Reply to
petem

"Robert L Bass" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com...

typical bass calling alarm manufacturer....: Hello? i want to buy stuff from you..(manufacturer say ok what end where you want it) bass answer: send it to ...poor DIY adress... (the manufacturer said ok but what do i send?) bass answer: dont know your the pro!

How many years again 27 or 36 or 50?

I lost count..(as every one here..)

Reply to
petem

so when you post...

you are posting contradicting stuff yourself..

I knew about sentrol..they are about the only one stating there contact as N.O. switch.. I use them ( the 3/8 inch are so easily concealed on wood door..and the 1 inch or 7/8 are very useful on metal doors and frame..)

yeah I noticed the tag line... ;-)

Reply to
petem

what you describe.

He's not a real alarm man. He just plays one on this ng. (But he did stay in a Holliday Inn Express last night.) js

Reply to
alarman

More likely, they asked which planet you are from. js

Reply to
alarman

My friend, RHC would be pleased. The CBFAA used to have a printed list of things you should do besides installing an alarm. You've done just about everything on the list.

Agreed completely. Mind you, I wasn't trying to convince you that you should have used EOLRs. I only explained what they do and what the benefits are.

One hopes you're referring to a shotgun and not a family member. :^)

I can hit a dime from 300 yards. It still counts if I first walk forward

299 yards, right? :^)
Reply to
Robert L Bass

No doubt. Care to try Portuguese?

Unfortunately, you don't realize that there are two acceptible spellings. The spelling with a single l is the more common of the two.

4 entries found for counseling. coun·sel (P) Pronunciation Key (kounsl)

n. The act of exchanging opinions and ideas; consultation. Advice or guidance, especially as solicited from a knowledgeable person. See Synonyms at advice. A plan of action. Private, guarded thoughts or opinions: keep one's own counsel. A lawyer or group of lawyers giving legal advice and especially conducting a case in court.

v. coun·seled, or coun·selled coun·sel·ing, or coun·sel·ling coun·sels or coun·sels

v. tr. To give counsel to; advise. See Synonyms at advise. To recommend: counseled care in the forthcoming negotiations.

v. intr. To give or take advice. See Usage Note at council.

[Middle English counseil, from Old French conseil, from Latin cnsilium;; akin to cnsulere, to take counsel, consult.]

Source: The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition Copyright © 2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.

3 entries found for counselling. coun·sel (P) Pronunciation Key (kounsl) n. The act of exchanging opinions and ideas; consultation. Advice or guidance, especially as solicited from a knowledgeable person. See Synonyms at advice. A plan of action. Private, guarded thoughts or opinions: keep one's own counsel. A lawyer or group of lawyers giving legal advice and especially conducting a case in court.

v. coun·seled, or coun·selled coun·sel·ing, or coun·sel·ling coun·sels or coun·sels

v. tr. To give counsel to; advise. See Synonyms at advise. To recommend: counseled care in the forthcoming negotiations.

v. intr. To give or take advice. See Usage Note at council.

[Middle English counseil, from Old French conseil, from Latin cnsilium;; akin to cnsulere, to take counsel, consult.]

Source: The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition Copyright © 2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.

counselling n : something that provides direction or advice as to a decision or course of action [syn: guidance, counsel, counseling, direction]

Source: WordNet ® 2.0, © 2003 Princeton University

counselling counselling: in CancerWEB's On-line Medical Dictionary

Source: On-line Medical Dictionary, © 1997-98 Academic Medical Publishing & CancerWEB

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Aaahhhh..... a breath of fresh air.....:))

RHC

Reply to
R.H.Campbell

Oops. I forgot to insert my sig line in the previous reply.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Do you hold the sign with "STOP" on one side and "SLOW" on the other?

Sorry you haven't the skill to sell anything.

There are exercise regimines that you can use to solve that other problem.

If you only knew. Actually, I pick up languages rather easily. After one month in Brazil I was able to converse well enough to get by. After a total of four months there I've been asked by locals what part of Brazil I'm from. Years ago I attended a Hispanic church in Hartford for some time. I became fairly fluent in Spanish though it's been so many years that I hardly recall much of it now. Give me a month in Quebec and I'll speak broken, mangled French as well as the locals do.

I'd wager that after five years in the US your English wouldn't be half as strong as my French given a couple of months on your side of the border.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

And yet you derided me for pointing that out. This speaks to your lack of credibiolity as well as your lack of understanding.

Wrong again (as usual). I even posted about GRI, another very popular brand which uses the same nomenclature as Sentrol. There are others but I'm too lazy to look them up for you.

Would you care to post the model number of one of those 7/8" recessed switches from Sentrol. Heh, heh, heh... :^)

[Hint] Next time you try talking through your hat about things you've never done, at least look to see if the product with which you pretend to have experience actually exists.
Reply to
Robert L Bass

I thought you'd like that one, Bob.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

bla bla bla.. "Robert L Bass" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com...

and what about Spanish?or Italian..you wont have help from the wife on those...

Reply to
petem

See previous reply.

or Italian..

Italian is so close to Portuguese that it would be a snap to learn.

She *is* a delightful person. You should be so lucky as I am.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

"Robert L Bass" a écrit dans le message de news: EMedncir79vFNaHenZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com... Give me a month in Quebec and I'll speak broken, mangled

i give you 5 hours here and someone will trow you back over the border, kicking your fat ass all the way to it..

it is allready stronger then what you would learn for the rest of your life..even if you would live in french all the time...

every costumer I have that speak English ask me where I come from..(thinking I am not from Quebec..) cause they cant identify the accent..that's because one of my teacher was from London and I learned a great deal from him..and learned a lot of there expression..

but speaking a language is easy.. being able to listen to it too..

writing it...well that's another story..

Reply to
petem

1078t

and we call them 7/8 cause we use a 7/8 dill bit (or hole saw ) to drill the hole..I know they recommend a 15/16 but we prefer it to be more snug....

Reply to
petem

I never had to force any one to marry me...how much did you gave his father to keep her? 50$ must be around that..in brazil that's a damn lot of cash...

Reply to
petem

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.