Eight and a Half Hour Monitoring Service - Dirt Cheap

Figuring that the bulk of burglaries happen only during certian times of day we can offer discount monitoring only during those peak hours.

(Man this is a great gig. Only have to work 8 1/2 hrs a week. Wish I had thought of htis years ago. I wonder if I can get that wino I saw down on the river to stay sober and cover for me next week so I can take a vacation?)

Oops. Did I type that out loud?

Reply to
Bob La Londe
Loading thread data ...

Oh yeah, well, well, well .... I can give you *** NINE *** hours for the same price.

AH HAH! So waddaya think about THAT?

Reply to
Jim

Yah well...I got a betta idear...monitoring on demand...install HID reader to read credik cards at the clients...pay by the hour or even the minute!

:-)

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Funny stuff. In Philip K. Dick's novel "Ubik", household objects are endowed with sentience and demand payment each time they are used: a nickel to open the door, a quarter to use the shower, a dime to get food out of the refrigerator. When the protagonist Joe Chip tries to leave his "conapt" without paying, the door threatens him with a lawsuit!.

Reply to
Tracker

Well here's a signal for ya, at no charge. _ |0| |-| _|-|_ _ |0|0|0|0| | | | | |

Sorry ...... just couldn't resist.

Reply to
Jim

Yea? Well I charge by the signal!

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Get a 900 or 976 number and charge by the signal

Doug L

Reply to
Doug L

Sorry is indeed the word whatever that is

Reply to
Mark Leuck

That's my Help line for locals....$45 per minute and I'll answer any stupid question you got.

Example call at 3am Sunday night: Hi, I have an alarm you guys installed in my house 10 years ago. We're not hooked up to your service. *Your* alarm is chirping and says Low Battery on the keypad. What does that mean?

Reply to
Crash Gordon

The next step they usually take *before* calling for help is pry open the panel (because they lost the last 6 keys I mailed them (for free) is to rip all the wiring apart. Then I get the call that: *you* need to come out and repair *your* alarm for free because it kept me up all night.

Yah...a 900 number would be great !! Then I could keep them on the phone for about an hour and yes... go out and repair the panel for *free* :-)

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Yeah, I know.

But I just thought I'd take a chance anyway .... that you'd actually know what the word meant.

Reply to
Jim

It also means, RTFM.....:))

RHC

Reply to
R.H.Campbell

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.