UPlink 2550

Hey...anyone try remote programming a Vista panel over Uplink 2550? I wonder if it would work? It's full reporting and passes CID and SIA from the telco port on panel...I wonder.

Reply to
Crash Gordon
Loading thread data ...

I would first have to ask how you plan to connect to the 2550??? Compass???

Someone correct me if I am wrong but it would seem that Numerex/Uplink has not taken that possibility into consideration.

Nice thoughts though.

Les

Reply to
ABLE1

You can't, it doesn't work that way.

Nice unit btw

Reply to
mleuck

It wasn't designed with that in mind, you could with the new Telguard TG-11 although Honeywell has changed Compass and it is no longer possible

Reply to
mleuck

They want you to use AlarmNet thru a AlarmNet cell connection $$

Reply to
nick markowitz

They have and it will - just spoke to Uplink.

All it does is trick the panel into thinking it's connected to pots then passes the CID or SIA through, they say they are working on remote programming....not just a "uh maybe"

Reply to
Crash Gordon

it will though.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Ignore Mark, he's been drinking again.

Reply to
G. Morgan

Don't hold your breath It's Uplink

Reply to
mleuck

Mark doesn't drink

Reply to
mleuck

Okay, doing Oxy w/ your pal Limbaugh then.

Reply to
G. Morgan

Leave it to you to be the drug expert here

Reply to
mleuck

Maybe you're just stupid for giving out incorrect advice and stating it as fact. I was trying to let you off easy by blaming it on a hangover.

Reply to
G. Morgan

So will it work now or are they "working on it"? The text above is contradictory.

Reply to
G. Morgan

They say they are working on programming panels over the 2550

Reply to
Crash Gordon

It's not incorrect advice, the fact is the Uplink 2550 cannot do panel downloading nor will it in the future

Reply to
mleuck

Well, I guess the manufacturer lied to Crash, hmmm.

Reply to
G. Morgan

I'm sure you believe everything a factory rep says right?

Reply to
mleuck

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.