TQ installer needed

I would like to setup an alarm company in the Lower Mainland (Vancouver) and would like to have a TQ installer come aboard for licensing. Commission, plus coordinating installs. Suits semi retired.

Reply to
CCTV
Loading thread data ...

Having an employee as a "nexus" for your licensing isn't a good idea. If he decides to leave, you're left with nothing but a nasty letter from Security Programs that informs you your company's license will be cancelled/suspended until a suitable replacement is found. I'd suggest using licensed subcontractors. As long as you have someone knowledgeable to quote your installations, you're far better off. There are a number of individuals that make themselves available for hire in this manner. Contact Tried, ADI, or Burtek. Good luck!!!

Reply to
Frank Olson

Thank you for your response. Now to my understanding, I can use licensed subcontractors but what about having the alarm repsonse monitored, are there companies that will respond to alarm calls? Does my staff have to be licensed.....

Thanks

Reply to
CCTV

Office staff do not have to be licensed.

Outside sales, technicians and installers all have to be licensed.

i.e., if you are going to be doing sales and you will be visiting clients at their premises, you need to be licensed.

There are a couple of security runner companies in town that I have heard of :-

Tri Force Paladin Provident Intercon

To use them, you may need to setup lock box service.

As far as I know, you will need an electrical license to pull an installation permit if your company installer is doing the install.

Reply to
A.J.

I've heard some good things about these guys though never used their services.

Is in the alarm business as well with a ULC listed station. They will eventually try to scoop your business. I understand they also do third party monitoring.

Not heard much about them. I understand they're guard service only.

Expensive, but worth it... They deal with the "major players", also have their own station and security alarm division.

Securtek is strictly guard service, although the times we've tried to use them it was difficult to get service (they have existing contracts and customers and limited employees).

Initial is straight guard service, but they have an "arms length relationship" with Paladin so they get priority service. The times I've had to actually call them though, they've always come through.

Not necessarily. A "perimeter check" doesn't require keys to the premise.

If it's low voltage, only a business license is required.

Reply to
Frank Olson

Speaking of Indians . . . I'm from We Wai Kum tribe . . . but live in Burnaby.

In answer to your situation, I've been there and done that. One fellow is still in security industry.

Check your email. Call me or send email.

Take Care ! Have Fun !

G Quocksister C

gqc

CCTV wrote:

Reply to
GQC

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.