tech man panel unlocking

Mr Rojas

I'm going to assume that since it's been just under a year since I sent you panels for unlocking, and I haven't gotten them back, that you will not be doing the job and therefore have not fullfilled you end of our contract. Am I to start making plans to recoup the price of my panels through legal process? It really is too bad, your service that is.

Reply to
Dick Seed
Loading thread data ...

RLB is the only mind reader here. Which panels did you send in?

Jim Rojas (813) 884-6335

Dick Seed wrote:

Reply to
Jim Rojas

Unfortunately, there's not much to read. :^)

Reply to
Robert L Bass

When you sent him the panels, did you include payment?

Reply to
Frank Olson

I have a corner with at least 200+ boards, with either no payment or no return shipping infomation. Some have been sitting there for a few years. I really need to order myself a crystal ball.

Jim Rojas

Frank Ols>> Mr Rojas

Reply to
Jim Rojas

Question asked and answered at least twice, still no board returned.

Dick Seed isn't the only one with this problem. I suspect the Jim has bigger concerns right now, but when I sent a board for unlocking, Brinks was not an issue.

Yes, the check was cashed within a week or two of sending the board. And yes, a business card with return address was securely attached to the board.

I've since written off the board as lost, but have discovered a way to default NAPCO panels. Change the EPROM and then let the processor re-flash the default code into the new EPROM. This seems to work very well. Haven't tried with any other manufacturer. New EPROMS cost about $5.00 and can be found on eBay. One needs skill in PC board repair and this should not be attempted without the proper tools.

Reply to
TeraNews

Wouldn't it be easier and safer to just replace the board?

Reply to
alarman

Now what kind of an answer is that????

Reply to
Mark Leuck

A logical one, grasshopper.

Reply to
alarman

Thats the problem, way too easy and logical

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.