Tech-Man going to Texas?

Looks like Rojas is going to Texas. The judge has ordered him to appear in person on October 26 for a hearing on Brink's contempt motion. Failure to appear will result in severe repercussions, according to the judge. If Jim is found in contempt, he can be fined or locked up, and Brink's can be awarded attorney's fees.

Reply to
Nomen Nescio
Loading thread data ...

Anyone know what Greyhound Bus Lines charges these days? I also need a Notel Motel for a night or 2.

Texas is too far for my huge gas guzzler.

Jim Rojas

Nomen Nescio wrote:

Reply to
Jim Rojas

While the judge can jail someone for contempt in a civil matter, it's not likely unless there has been a pattern of contempt. More likely the judge would fine him and (possibly) award fees but only for the contempt motion which Brinks' lawyers wrote. Even at high, corporate lawyer rates a contempt motion should only cost a few hundred dollars at most. Most motions are prepared by law clerks using boiler plate templates.

OTOH, failure to appear for a contempt hearing itself will pretty much guaranty a bench warrant, not to mention a finding for the plaintiff. Basically, if you're not on the line for the scrimmage the other team gets a free touchdown.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Got a helmet? I'll give you a lift on the M109. :^)

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Greyhound wants $137 round trip to Tampa to Dallas.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

$137? I'll have to hitch hike then.

Jim Rojas

Robert L Bass wrote:

Reply to
Jim Rojas

Well, well, well, how interesting! I hope Jim makes it to the show they have prepared for him. You know there are such things as excursion fares that can allow you a stop over of sorts. I suggest that Jim take the flight to Dallas and then to Austin and then back to Florida. I think there is a place he should visit there in Austin to file a little complaint of his own. This is pretty weird and convoluted, but it may throw a wet blanket on the party they prepared for Jim. Brinks has no friends in the alarm manufacturing business, save Honeywell perhaps. However given Brinks size there are only a few big boys that would be brave enough to stick a finger in their eye. One is DSC now owned by TYCO, also owner of ADT. When do you think Brinks and ADT would ever play nice together? Well there is a manufacturing engineer named Reinhart Piltner that has close ties to DSC. He has done a lot of work for DSC in the very field Brinks claims the have their expert, David Yorkey, in. Reinhart might easily be persuaded to be an expert witness in this case. It would be nice to get a few favors called in and put him on a plane. You know if this keeps going that someone from Brinks will have to depose him eventually. But being from Eastern Europe during the bad old days of being under the thumb of the USSR left him with a distinct dislike for the asymmetrical type warfare big brother waged. He has been to Texas once or twice before, so showing up for a deposition here wouldn't frighten him too much. Another character that is as honest as he is fearless is Dr. Bob Banerjee. He'll tell the truth to anyone about any product. He has a great speaking voice and can make technical things easy to understand. Women like his voice especially. I bet a certain female judge might find him just fascinating. He has the CV to stomp any Brinks sycophant expert witness. I don't think Bosch is too friendly towards Brinks. The Bosch go to market strategy includes their buddies at ADT, and I don't think any Brinks tech could even turn on a D5200. Could it be that is because ADT is still the largest customer for Bosch gear, even after all these years of owning DSC? Kind of like "Any friend of mine" only in reverse. Between now and October 26th someone needs to get the CV for that expert David Yorkey, Brink's Senior Manager of Product Technology. With all those expert players it will be time to put up or shut up about Brink's claims that Jim is about to release information that would turn loose a plague of flipped panels. If Brinks is to be believed that would mean plenty of dealers would be doing something illegal in this state. Guess who's job and purpose it is to investigate these dealers and put them out of business? Yep, the good old Texas Department of Public Safety. In other words the police.

formatting link
here's where you can find a complete list of the dealers that may be doing this evil deed..
formatting link
like Brinks should be aware of the following rules. RULE §35.11 (n) No provider of a regulated activity or service shall engage in any unconscionable action or course of action, or engage in any false, misleading, or deceptive act or practice, as these are defined in §§17.45(5) and 17.46 (respectively) of the Texas Business and Commerce Code. So the list of licensed dealers is there. Brinks is telling the Court in Dallas that Jim is about to do something horrible that demands immediate attention to avoid any damage to Brinks. (I can hardly even bring myself to type these words because the whole concept is utterly ridiculous). Well Jim could get busy and email these folks to see what their stand is on stealing Brinks panels. Don't forget to include the independent central station operators in all this too.
formatting link
If a dealer is doing something illegal with the Brinks panel, the monitoring company might be too. So lets see,. we have a government entity who's responsibility it is to make certain no dealer is engaged in the type of activity Brinks claims is the fruit of Jims labor. We have a venue run by cops and an industry that is full of ex cops, neither have reason to like or especially to trust Brinks in this matter with these back door accusations. This place is most unlike Federal Court with its arcane rules of evidence, "them boys just get down to it". So here it is in a nutshell. We have two engineers or more that can tell the board about Brinks so called intellectual property and how it works. So the board will have to decide if that is something that dealers can, should or would be doing to one another, even because or even despite some federal ruling to the contrary. You know about attitudes about Federal regulation that bring out things like amnesty cities and medical marijuana clubs, and even a rebel flag from time to time.
formatting link
I suggest that Jim fill out the above form. Either Jim comes clean and he lists all the dealers in violation based on Brinks desperate assertions and the board sanctions those dealers (or Jim merely shows the board the emergency ruling that may be handed down by the Federal Court in a more or less emergency fashion that provides information that vast crimes are being committed or are likely to be committed). The truth here is obviously being skirted here by someone or some company, one way or another. Lets find or who is telling the truth and who is stretching the truth in a forum where folks like Brinks legal staff don't have the upper hand. In fact if the Brinks boys misbehave or fail to show they could end up with their own hands behind their backs for awhile. You know many Texan have a sense of humor and might be laughing about all this, but I hope Jim gets it together finally and has the last laugh on Brinks. Listening to legal consul like Brinks has employed now may yield that same result as the last group of idiots that went to Federal Court convinced they'd win on some technicality.
formatting link
Instead they ended up in Bankruptcy court. Jim could not hurt Brinks if he one the lotto and spent every cent on lawyers. However Brinks may just be stupid enough to put itself in a place where its own innumerable natural enemies can really tear it apart. Truth be told Brinks will probably destroy poor Jim now, just because they can do it and its cheap and easy to do. But after seeing his demise I bet he'll be the last one Brinks destroys.
formatting link
Fall is here, and things are about to warm up.

"Nomen Nescio" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@dizum.com...

Reply to
Just Looking

I know you're probably pulling our legs, but if you need any assistance getting transport or lodging email me. I don't live anywhere near Dallas, but I do have some connections there. Remember once you're in Dallas don't travel in a convertible, especially near Dealey Plaza. There might be a certain lawyer up on the sixth floor. His judgment may seem to be a little off, but his aim might not be.

Reply to
Just Looking

Hmmmm dealer violations, people supposedly not coming clean, baseless accusations of stretching the truth and vast crimes. Where have I heard these accusations before.....and by who.....?

Hey Trixie might know

Reply to
Mark Leuck

When she closes the session, just ask her for a lift to the YMCA. On the way over offer her a doobie. :^)

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Probably all sorts of places, and by nearly everyone, since you seem to be on the wrong side of nearly everything.

Unlike you, when people actually provide a phone and/or an email address that you can reach them at it helps. Yes, she actually does know about this. Too bad you have been too afraid to call her. Even when I told you where she works now at The Alarm Debt Liquidation Group. 12801 N. Central Expressway, Suite 250, Dallas, TX 75243,

866-400-4550 I believe she might have tried to call you a time or two. Are you hiding under the desk again?

Note to all dealers. Mark Leuck here claims to be the apex of the Monitronics organization. He trains these guys so much that they can't seem to find the time to download a panel in less than 6 months or so. Unfortunately even after all that training they are too stupid to realize that when you take the account number and central station phone number out of a panel, it can't dial the central station anymore. And that is not only no problem for them to do that, it's the actual policy to do that when you give a dealer the installers code to get into the panel.

Hey Mark, If you put down your broom or mop for a while, I bet you'll find this email when you look over someone's shoulder . Start with Jaime Climer Contract Monitoring 800.615.3745 ext 3123 snipped-for-privacy@monitronics.com you'll see this and actually more. This is just an excerpt from the dealer's email.

...........Rodriguez Mini Mart located @

1428 Nogalitos San Antonio, Texas 78204

Account # SO-052275

Back up cell account# AN0814

Dealer 4293 Security Contractors Inc.

Sometime Friday night on 8-3-07 after closing and Saturday morning on

8-04-07 @ 6:40am when customer opened.

There was a break in and according to the customer the alarm was armed when she arrived, she disarmed and called me regarding the break-in. She stated that merchandise was stolen and that the keypad had alarm memory.

I called Monitronics to follow up; they stated they received no signals. I went to location Saturday morning to check system, here is what I found.

There was an alarm memory on the keypad indicating the alarm had gone off. I put system on test, tripped the alarm it worked locally, phone line was present on panel, yet the panel did not attempt to seize the line and dial in. I checked the program and found that the central station phone numbers were missing; this is why the panel did not send in a signal. I have been in contact with Tracy and Jamie in contract monitoring for the past six months or so to have my panels reprogram to an installer code that I provided so I could enter programming on my own.

Steve in Dealer Tech Support Special Projects was asked to do this by Tracy...............

And guess what? Monitronics paid up. Hey Mark, has your paycheck been a little short since then? I hope not! But maybe your time on the job could be, now that you have finally forced this into the open. Good job. Be proud of yourself! You've had every chance to make certain this didn't come out, but you seem to enjoy your little taunts when you get too bored. You may have more excitement than you can deal with soon. Hey folks, if Mark says this all didn't happen, as per usual, then just call or email Jaime. Tell her how it was Mark has helped you to understand why no one should do business with Monitronics. At most places that might get him fired, but don't worry, at that monkey show he'll get a big raise (after they get the money out of him and Steve for the download screw ups). It's just one more screw up for Monitronics to write a check to cover. I bet that is the real source of two way dealer revenue that Mark talks about now isn't it? Paying the money means you'll never hear anyone at Monitronics say he or she is sorry about anything. Up to this point Mark has not been man enough to call the dealer and say he is sorry, let alone the customer. Oh yes, he says it never happened and/or he doesn't know anything about it. And since there are probably too many screw ups to even count by now, what's one more? Yep, I must say Mark that you're one fine caring specimen. Of just what is the question. Please don't forget folks that if you need a second source to verify all this call Tracy. After all her years there at Monitronics I bet she could tell you even more stories much worse than this. And to think, for some reason poor Mark doesn't seem to know any of these people anymore.

Reply to
Roland Moore

Heck, Mark, The first time I read that post I thought you wrote it. With all the cute suggestions of possibilities and links to refferences and sources it reminded me of some of the technical replies you posted a decade (has it really been that long?) ago when I first joined this group.

Bob La Londe I am not a sock puppet

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Tell the judge you can only afford to stay here: Church establishes homeless safe zone in its parking lot

formatting link

Reply to
Roland Moore

Do write to the judge to let them know you are coming. Might get extra brownie points for hitching all the way :-)

Reply to
CWatters

I don't claim anything, I leave that to you

Hey he finally gives specific information! Had you done that from the beginning things might have been different

If it was Monitronics fault then I'm sure they did, you still haven't answered the other question like how I would know all this and you also made the baseless accusation that I would have been covering it all up

Actually no, it doesn't quite work that way

If you remember you brought it all up over a month ago

You might want to call her instead, if you recall you also talked about "hush money" which she said never happened

Reply to
Mark Leuck

You're really something! First, all this was just a figment of my imagination and it never happened according to you. You didn't know what did happen, but you were certain about what didn't happen You were describing this fiasco as just an unbelievable medically induced sensational story I cooked up at Monitronics expense. You claimed to not have ever know Trixie, and now you're talking to her on the phone? Wow, you should have thrown up a flare for folks to catch the scene surrounding that revelation. Did you catch up on old times or what? Do the meds make that amnesia come and go like that? If you look at the other posts all this information you claim you needed was in there in the first place, you just had to think a little to see it. Seems that activity is not in your job description. Next you claim to not know anyone involved on the one hand, and then trained everyone involved on the other. That's pretty confusing, so which is it? So now that it has all turned to crap, no one working there did anything wrong, and yet it's still Monitronics fault? Give me a break! No "Hush money" involved? Okay now we're down to semantics? If someone gives you money to settle a problem rather than suffer its escalation by more disclosure then I must stand corrected. For clarification you'll just have to fill in the euphemism you like best. For me "hush money" works just fine to describe the situation. And why would I suspect you knew anything about it? Well if you are who you claim to be, and in the lofty position you claim to have, (when your memory kicks in that is) then it is a natural assumption on my part. Additionally, most organizations that suffer a loss of this type deconstruct it step by step to avoid a repeat. Everyone involved, however peripherally, gets informed. This was represented by Monitronics as more than just an error by a single individual or small group, this was someone carrying out a policy. If it is a policy it is written down somewhere, don't you think? I suppose you have read the policy? After reading the policy a bomb did go off in your head pointing to an event like the one that occurred? Someone or some group made that policy at some certain date. Just who was that person, and when did it happen? How many times has a loss like this happened before that can be traced back to this policy? I am very curious about that person's identity that wrote this policy, and to me it's funny that you're not. Or was someone not telling the truth about that as well? Unless someone gets fired for misconduct, I guess it really is policy. You don't seem to have the least concern over that policy, and the fact that it could lead to this same thing happening again and again. But as usual this is all about you, CYA, I know nothing, I didn't do it, and I don't know the folks involved. And you have the nerve to suggest I am on meds? As I have said before, you're simply not credible. For you so far it has come out just fine for you in your eyes it seems. That is Monitronics has paid the bill and you have not had to accept even a tiny portion of responsibility. You future on the cover of MAD magazine is still secure.

"Mark Leuck" wrote in message news:47111b3b$0$7445$ snipped-for-privacy@roadrunner.com...

Reply to
Roland Moore

better yet; send her a cheesy postcard from every whistle stop along the way.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Do you know which Bus Station is closest to the courthouse?

The station choices are:

Dallas, PA Dallas, MB Dallas, AAU Westmoreland Dallas Jefferson Street Dallas South Park & Ride Dallas West

Thank you

Jim Rojas

Just Look> I know you're probably pulling our legs, but if you need any assistance

Reply to
Jim Rojas

Which would give Jim a great opportunity to cry on the judge's shoulder and ask for money:

"Your honor, I've just spent 16 hours on a Greyhound bus (or whatever) in order to arrive in court on time as ordered, and I am ready to proceed. Brink's has had over two weeks to prepare for this hearing -- a hearng Brink's requested - and they should not be allowed to delay these proceedings any further. A delay will cost me money for lodging, meals, travel to and from court, and time off from work. I ask the court to deny the continuance, but if you see fit to grant it, Brink's should be ordered to pay any additional costs occasioned by the delay."

Reply to
Nomen Nescio

Yeah, that'll work.

Since he's going there due to a contempt hearing against him there's going to be 0 sympathy. They'll come up with some nonsense -- one of their team is ill, had a flat, whatever -- and the judge will grant the continuance. My ex's attorney tried the same crap with me but I just granted my own attorney LPOA and left to visit friends. Jim has no lawyer so he doesn't have that option.

As a general rule in civil cases you pay your own costs and attorney's fees. The only common exceptions are statutory (fraud, civil rights, etc.).

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.