Taking care of telemarketer.

The phone rang as I was setting down to my anticipated evening meal, and as I answered it I was greeted with " is this William Wagenhoss" not sounding anything like my name, so I said who is calling?

The telemarketer said he was with The Rubber band Powered Freezer company or something like that and then I asked him if he knew William personally and why was he calling this number. I then said off to the side, "get really good pictures of the body and all the blood" then turned back to the phone and advised the caller that he had entered a murder scene and must stay on the line because we had already traced this call and he would be receiving a summons to appear in the local courthouse to testify in this murder case.

I then questioned the caller at great length as to his name, address, phone number at home, at work, who he worked for, how he knew the dead guy and could he prove where he had been about one hour before he made this call.

The telemarketer was getting very concerned and his answers were given in a shakey voice. I then told him we had located his position at his work place and the police were entering the building to take him into custody. At that point I heard the phone fall and the scurrying of his running away.

My wife asked me as I returned to our table why I had tears streaming down my face and so help me, I couldn't tell her for about fifteen minutes.

My meal was cold, but after what I had pulled, very enjoyable.

Reply to
A.J.
Loading thread data ...

That was great!

My favorite is let the telemarketer talk for about a minute. Then I take a long breath, sigh into the phone and say in a low voice, "What are you wearing?" They usually hang up immediately.

Once I had received a call from a telemarketer from California selling office supplies. I kept him on the phone about 15 minutes with BS then asked him why he had called. He had almost forgotten. He said he was selling ball point pens. I said, "Super, I think I need to reorder some pens. About 5 years ago, I ordered a whole case and I only have 2 or 3 left" He excitedly asked if it had been a case of 144 boxes. I paused and explained no, the box had 12 pens in it. We did a good job of keeping up with them. He hung up too.

When I have time, I always mess around with them. Makes my day. Allan

I choose Polesoft Lockspam to fight spam, and you?

formatting link

Reply to
Allan Waghalter

Those are both classics!

I've heard some great ones... one I remember reading about was a telemarketer who was offering some whiz-bang investment opportunity. After the TM went on enthusiastically at some length about the quality of the investment and anticipated wonderful returns, the person he called asked if he'd be willing to stake his life on his claims. The caller was unsure of what this meant. The mark explained it to him: "Are you sure of this that you will kill yourself if it doesn't pan out? I want it in writing that you'll kill yourself if it's no good."

That ended that call pretty quick...

Allan Waghalter wrote:

Reply to
Matt Ion

Tell them you are glad they called because you can save them money on their alarm services, ask the caller if they have an alarm system, if they don't ask if they want one, if they have one ask if they would like to save money on the monitoring, prepare a script and read it back to them without letting them get a word in edgeways, answer any question from them with a question of your own about an alarm system. If they ask you if you would like to save money on whatever it is they are selling, ask them if they would like to save money on their alarm service.

Me, I don't say a word I just hang up

Doug L

Reply to
Doug L

I just tell them our purchasing agent's name is Barney and he's not here right now. Then when they call back and ask for Barney (oh yes, I spoke to Barney last week about buying widgets from us) we know it's a salesperson we dont want to talk to....and Barney is always at some tradeshow...he's never around.

| > I've heard some great ones... one I remember reading about was a | > telemarketer who was offering some whiz-bang investment opportunity. After | > the TM went on enthusiastically at some length about the quality of the | > investment and anticipated wonderful returns, the person he called asked | > if he'd be willing to stake his life on his claims. The caller was unsure | > of what this meant. The mark explained it to him: "Are you sure of this | > that you will kill yourself if it doesn't pan out? I want it in writing | > that you'll kill yourself if it's no good." | >

| > That ended that call pretty quick... | >

| > Allan Waghalter wrote: | >> That was great! | >>

| >> My favorite is let the telemarketer talk for about a minute. Then I take | >> a long breath, sigh into the phone and say in a low voice, "What are you | >> wearing?" They usually hang up immediately. | >>

| >> Once I had received a call from a telemarketer from California selling | >> office supplies. I kept him on the phone about 15 minutes with BS then | >> asked him why he had called. He had almost forgotten. He said he was | >> selling ball point pens. I said, "Super, I think I need to reorder some | >> pens. About 5 years ago, I ordered a whole case and I only have 2 or 3 | >> left" | >> He excitedly asked if it had been a case of 144 boxes. I paused and | >> explained no, the box had 12 pens in it. We did a good job of keeping up | >> with them. He hung up too. | >>

| >> When I have time, I always mess around with them. Makes my day. | >> Allan | >>

| >>

| >>>The phone rang as I was setting down to my anticipated evening meal, and | >>>as | >>>I answered it I was greeted with " is this William Wagenhoss" not | >>>sounding | >>>anything like my name, so I said who is calling? | >>>

| >>>The telemarketer said he was with The Rubber band Powered Freezer company | >>>or something like that and then I asked him if he knew William | >>>personally | >>>and why was he calling this number. I then said off to the side, "get | >>>really good pictures of the body and all the blood" then turned back to | >>>the | >>>phone and advised the caller that he had entered a murder scene and must | >>>stay on the line because we had already traced this call and he would be | >>>receiving a summons to appear in the local courthouse to testify in this | >>>murder case. | >>>

| >>>I then questioned the caller at great length as to his name, address, | >>>phone number at home, at work, who he worked for, how he knew the dead | >>>guy | >>>and could he prove where he had been about one hour before he made this | >>>call. | >>>

| >>>

| >>>The telemarketer was getting very concerned and his answers were given in | >>>a | >>>shakey voice. I then told him we had located his position at his work | >>>place | >>>and the police were entering the building to take him into custody. At | >>>that | >>>point I heard the phone fall and the scurrying of his running away. | >>>

| >>>My wife asked me as I returned to our table why I had tears streaming | >>>down | >>>my face and so help me, I couldn't tell her for about fifteen minutes. | >>>

| >>>

| >>>My meal was cold, but after what I had pulled, very enjoyable. | >>>

| >>

| >>

| >>

| >> I choose Polesoft Lockspam to fight spam, and you? | >>

formatting link
| >

| >

| > --- | > avast! Antivirus: Outbound message clean. | > Virus Database (VPS): 0602-3, 01/13/2006 | > Tested on: 1/13/2006 10:10:49 PM | > avast! - copyright (c) 1988-2005 ALWIL Software. | >

formatting link
| >

| >

| >

| | |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Woman telemarketer called, "May I speak to the lady of the house?" I answered, "I'm sorry, she's in bed with a customer, are you applying for work here?" Click.

Bob

Reply to
RobertM

That's the most efficient method. After you answer, there is a noticeable pause with a lot of them while the system hunts for the next free operator. If you can hang up before the Op is reached, you're number is dropped from the system. I noticed quite the reduction in calls doing this. I can't bring myself to hang up the business line though.

Reply to
mikey

Sometimes I just tell them I'm interested in their [whatever] and ask them to hold for a moment while I change phones. Then I place them on hold and go back to what I was doing.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

excellent

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Personally I shoot every other [tm] that calls so the ratio has gotten a lot better over the years.

This is a small question to all that have been slicing and dicing the Telemarketers.

Just wondering, do any of you use Telemarketers for your business leads???

TIA

Reply to
ABLE_1

When I get a call from a solicitation company (or a survey call as they call them now), I dont speak, just use the time to practice tunes on my phone keypad until they hang up.

Reply to
A43A43

formatting link
Doug L

Reply to
Doug L

ROTFLMAO

Reply to
A43A43

One night I got a call from local company. She was trying to sell me a Alarm System. I told her I had a "REAL" alarm system. "She didn't get that one." Then she said they could beat anyone price on monitoring. I said ok how much are you going to pay me? She didn't get that one either. She you have to pay US. I said well if you are going to beat my price then you are going to pay me. She then ask what I was paying. I said "NOTHING". Then she said well you don't have a monitored system. I said I told you I have a "REAL ALARM SYSTEM" That's when I told her I owned the Company and we installed Real Alarms and not the 2 door and a motion like they did. She hung up on me. In less than a year they were out of business.

Now thanks to the DO NOT CALL LIST I don't get any calls.

This was the same company that I went to do a take over and the wires were run down the wall starting about a foot from the ceiling, When they came to a wall they just drilled a holes threw the wall and keep going. Four wired and four holes about two inches apart. I wish I had a camera that day. I told the man sorry but I could not take over the system because it was not properly installed. Didn't want my name connected to that P.O.S.

Reply to
<m_husban

This is why I now have a camera phone :)

Reply to
Matt Ion

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.