Safewatch Pro 3000 arm/disam status

I have a Pro3000 that was installed by ADT. I would like to monitor this myself through my home automation system. My problem is, figuring out how to program the system to give me a relay (dry-contact) output that toggles folllowing the arm / disarm status of the system. Does anyone here know if this can be done?? I know how to program the

3000, I just can't see how to do this part.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Reply to
Gadgets
Loading thread data ...

Oh this should be fun

Reply to
Mark Leuck

If you know how to "program the 3000", then you must also have the "programming manual". So why are you asking this when the answer is right in front of your face? It's obvious to me that you *don't* know how to "program the 3000". This is an Ademco Vista 20P. What kind of keypad do you have (model number). Without the proper keypad, you're going to find it extremely difficult (if not outright impossible) to program the panel.

Reply to
Frank Olson

I don't know that that a Pro3000 is a Vista 20P. But if it is a Vista 20P it should be easy to do with a Ademco 4204. Program 20P for using the 4204 the relay(s) for trigger type 2 and zone type

20, 21 or 22 and device action of 2 or 4 and the respective device (relay) number. That is all depending on exactly what relay you wish to use and the relay action you want it to be. You will have to have a keypad like a 6160 or use Compass software (not available to anyone but ADT for ADT brand panels). Programming relays on any Ademco panel can be a bit "funny". Many times there are several ways to program the relays to get the same end result.

From the instructions: Connect each module to the control's keypad terminals and set the device addresses as previously described in the Connecting Keypads and Other Addressable Device section. Use the connector harness supplied with the module. Use standard

4-conductor twisted cable for long wiring runs. VISTA-20P: Up to 16 relays (if no powerline carrier devices are used) VISTA-15P: Up to 8 relays (if no powerline carrier devices are used)
  1. Connect the desired field wiring to the unit's relay contact terminals. TB2
12 11 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 (-) GROUND (+) 12V YEL BLK GRN RED 13 14 15 16 DIP SWITCH FOR SETTING DEVICE ADDRESS AND ENABLING/DISABLING TAMPER COVER TAMPER (REED) SWITCH TB1 4204 4-PIN TOUCHPAD PLUG 3 2 RELAY 1 4 TYPICAL (SHOWN "OFF") C NC NO C NC NO C NC 4204_c> > I have a Pro3000 that was installed by ADT. I would like to monitor
Reply to
Roland Moore

He doesn't need a 4204. He can use the onboard trigger output to fire a

12 volt relay (which would be cheaper than buying the 4204 or the 4229 zone expansion module). If he already has the 4229 zone expander, it comes with relays on board.

The point is he obviously doesn't know how to program the unit (or doesn't have the manual). He hasn't given us enough information about his setup.

Reply to
Frank Olson

If you knew how to do this Frank (which obviously you do not) you would be offer then information I was looking for like Roland has.

I have the manual, I have a 4204 and a 4229, I also have the required keypad (if memory serves it's the 6160voice LCD keypad) I also have the compass software, which by the way out of all the downloading software I have used over the years.. is the worst, but that's not at issue. Why do people like yourself bother responding if you are unable to help??

Reply to
Gadgets

Hi Roland,

Thanks for the info. I'm not at home at the moment to look at what I have attempted, but clearly I am missing something. After seeing this all together, I'm starting to think maybe it's not a programming error, but more something I have connected incorrectly. But I will start again at the beginning and to try an narrow down what I have missed. I was just to the point where I though what I was trying to do wasn't actually possible or something.

Oh, and as a side note from Frank's comment, I can't use the onboard triggers they are in use for other purposes.

Thanks for the help.

Reply to
Gadgets

Why would I "offer" anything to someone that's stated (in their original post) that they "know how to program"? If you have the 4229 then you have two programmable relays on board you can use to accomplish what you want. RTFM!!!

RTFM and quit bein' such a cry baby! :-) Sheesh... If you don't know what you're doing, then say so. Don't post "I know how to program the

3000" when you obviously don't. Everything Roland posted is from the freekin' manual.
Reply to
Frank Olson

You're a computer guy...right? No? Software "engineer"? Network "engineer"

Yeah. Buzz the f*ck off.

Reply to
alarman

1. It's obvious you didn't read the manual otherwise it'd be a snap to do
  2. You may have the software but you don't have ADT's version of the software
  3. The reason why many don't choose to help is because we've seen more than enough installations where the individual fat fingered the system without knowing squat
Reply to
Mark Leuck

He's not a technician; just a counter sales clerk. He hangs out here because hge has no friends in the real world.

He does it because he's an asshole.

You probably need to refer to the pages 5-8(ff) of the Vista-20P manual. I'm not certain which panel your ADT (renamed Honeywell stuff) is but the procedure should be about the same for any of the smaller Vista series panels. If you need the manuals, call and I'll send them to you. They're free (of course).

Reply to
Robert L Bass

You're welcome. It was mostly just cut and paste really. If the 4204 module is wired, addressed and enrolled properly, I'd try to get one of the relays to do a simple action (not the final version of what you want). Once you know that you have all the basics out of the way, you can close in on getting the desired action out of the relays, by trail and error if nothing else. Honeywell (Ademco) is not my favorite panel, but I did a couple just like yours with a 4204 in the past few days so I happened to remember enough to write it down here. Otherwise I might not have had an to answer your post. If what I posted helps then we both got lucky. If you happen to have Compass software with the ADT personality disk I wouldn't admit to much about it here. If you hacked it then don't say anything. There are legal types lurking and looking for their next payday. Let's just say that my understaning is that you might be less than certain about the type of panel programming software you have, and that's good enough for both of us.

Reply to
Roland Moore

Heh... In all these years you have yet to prove this lame assed assertion of yours.

The "ass" calling the... No that doesn't work... My ass is pink.

"Probably"?? You mean you don't know??

So... you're not "certain" which panel his is... and he already has the proper manual, dumb-ass. You can't read either.

Reply to
Frank Olson

Did I hear a whisper about the ADT personality disk?

Reply to
Crash Gordon

I'll never tell.

Reply to
Frank Olson

Ademco makes one of the most robust systems out there. It's a nightmare to program though if you don't know what you're doing though. I would suggest upgrading to a Vista 128B or 128FB and dumb the "ADT" badged main board. Either way, take your time, RTFM, and you should do fine. :-)

Reply to
Frank Olson

Lets see, its a nightmare for him to program a Vista-20P so you'd recommend upgrading to an even harder panel to program

makes sense somehow

Reply to
Mark Leuck

I thought he was screwing with him.

Get a real Vista-20ps or a First Alert 168CPS and get rid of any flaky ADT nuances. The defaults are all screwed up on those ADT panels.

Reply to
JoeRaisin

ADT has a personality??????? I thought they were just large and cold, no personality included....... :-))

Reply to
Russell Brill

It's only a "nightmare" if you don't know how to program it.

Reply to
Frank Olson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.