running alarm wires in existing home

Can anyone please suggest sources (websites, forum postings, books, etc.) that have information, tips and tricks on running alarm wires in an existing home? I have searched around the web but found nothing. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Reply to
meir410
Loading thread data ...

It's called OTJ training...become an apprentice to a master and you will learn grasshopper. There's very little in print.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

he can go to houses under construction and study them. before and after sheetrock goes up. you can figure it out pretty easy.

Reply to
dikembe

op: "...in existing home" - meaning a retro-fit.

& they certainly don't build homes like they used to, although the op didn't state how old the house is...I can guarantee that looking at how a new house is constructed will give little insight into how you could run wires in a 1920's plaster & lathe brick townhouse...etc.
Reply to
Crash Gordon

Google is your friend. js

Reply to
Carl Carlson

the wires go in the walls, unfinished basements and crawls and attics and closets or cabinets. dont forget chases. what with electric drills it don't matter whats on the wall. if its a townhouse use wireless. its not rocket science, or maybe it is for some. ;)

Reply to
dikembe

No books but if you'd like some help, contact me. I've guided hundreds of people through installing alarms and home automation systems in existing homes. It's not as hard as it might seem.

I sell alarm systems to DIYers so what you're asking is what I do every day.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Reply to
Just Looking

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.