Recommendation on replacement for MA1016e panel

I am wanting to replace my Napco MA1016e panel. I have a house wired for 13 zones with sensors in place. I'd like to make use of my existing sensors and my 1016e keypads. Any recommendations? thanks

Reply to
holdmybeerandwatchthis
Loading thread data ...

Unfortunately, the keypads are not compatible with any current Napco panels. You might want to consider the Napco Gemini series GEM-P1632 system. It comes in kit form with one of the RP1-CAe2 English language keypads. The control panel supports up to 32 zones with 8 on the motherboard, 4 on the keypad and 8 on optional EZM-8 expansion modules.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

why?

Reply to
newb

There are many panels you could use to replace the Napco 1016e. The only parts of a 1016e that might be usable for a future panel is the transformer (and maybe a battery if it has been recently replaced). In other words, nothing. There aren't that many panels that come with 16 zones on the main board anymore. You will have to use a zone expander to get beyond 8 zones. A DSC PC1616 panel would probably be at the lowest end price wise that you would want to consider. If you purchase a "kit" it would be less expensive that one piece at a time. A Napco 1632 is another choice as would a Vista 20P.

Reply to
Just Looking

the panel stopped functioning. I think it is broke.

Reply to
holdmybeerandwatchthis

Before you replace it try power cycling the panel. Disconnect the backup battery and unplug the transformer. Wait a few seconds and then restore both.

The above assumes the panel has power. If it's completely dead (no LEDs lit, etc.) you might just need to restore power and (probably) replace the battery.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Hmmm,

You're so pitiful it's sad.

You still think that you know Napco equipment even though you haven't installed for so many years.

Well obviously you don't.

Your above answer is wrong.

You don't even know the appropriate accessory model numbers, that go with the 1632.

Obviously, your recommendation is based on selling more equipment than necessary to someone.

Reply to
Jim

Both he mentioned are compatible with the 1632, He doesn't mention that it's up to 16 zones on the motherboard

How long you been doing this again? :)

Reply to
Mark Leuck

It's not that what he recommended is incompatable it's just not the latest.

My comment was refering to what you've already pointed out about the basic panel zones being 16 and was also referring to accessory equipment that has been out for almost 2 years, that would be less expensive with greater capability. He doesn't know what it is, because he's 5 years behind in every technology, not only Napco.

I would expect that you wouldn't know because you say Napco isn't popular in your area. If you don't use it, you couldn't know. You also don't claim to be and "expert" on Napco.

He does ..... even though he's not.

Check your facts before you ask about what I know and don't know.

If he wants to know what the item is, he'll have to call the manufacturer and see if he can figure it out. Anyone else ..... feel free to E-mail me. If you can't get through, let me know here and I'll get back to you.

Reply to
Jim

I'm not but I can read installation manuals, you mentioned he didn't know accessory numbers when in fact in this case he did and what he said was accurate in model numbers of the keypad and zone expander

I uh did

Reply to
Mark Leuck

You, like him, didn't check far enough. He recommened what he remembered from 5 years ago. He didn't recommend a newer product that is more capable and less expensive. And THAT's the accessory number he doesn't know . Now it becomes more obvious that you, like him, don't know what the f*ck your talking about either and now you're proving that you're too stupid to find out.

Reply to
Jim

So the problem here is he didn't recommend the product that you wanted him to recommend?

One of us is stupid and its not me

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Nah that's not the problem Mark.

I know you're a little dim witted but your aware enough to know the point I'm trying to make. But..... I'll go over it for you so you'll know better the next time.

I'm sure you wouldn't recommend that someone use a 15 year old product to a customer, if a better, less expensive product were available ..... unless you didn't know that the product existed. If you were actually active in the trade, and professed to be and expert on that product line and didn't know that there was a newer product out for over a year and a half, that would take away from the fact that you were and "expert" and that you were "in the trade" ....... GET IT?

So you see ......the problem is .... thay you'd create an argument between two saints ... just for the hell of it.

You're a f****ng obtuse asshole and that about explains it all.

Reply to
Jim

Well so far you have yet to identify the newer product

Let see now, in the past year and a half Napco has released 3 products, the Freedom 8, Freedom 64 and the P1664, you might like the Freedom stuff but I don't and the 1664 is in the same family as the 1632 but slightly larger so you tell me what he SHOULD have recommended assuming it's still a Napco product

You called me obtuse, thats going too far!

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Well DUUUUUHHH! How observant

It is a Napco product. It is an accessory device for the 1632.

If you want to know what it is, go see if you can find out from Napco. If you installed their equipment on a regular basis, you'd know what it is. Since you don't, it's likely not important enough for you to take the time to find out. I'm not going to publish what it is here. I stopped helping Bass out, a long time ago.

You're right. I apologize.

It's more like you have a vast understanding of what goes on in the world around you.

Well ..... I take that back. Maybe it's more like ..... half vast.

Reply to
Jim

I saw a babe wearing a half vast this afternoon... Youza! I LOOOVE Summer!

Reply to
Frank Olson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.