I am not a big residential guy but I do remember making that foam stuff in College Chemistry class. At the final stage it was two liquid ingredients mixed together and from their reaction the foam began to overfill the beaker. I remember there was a solvent like acetone that instantly took the foam back to the liquid form. (Like gasoline on styrofoam). Perhaps making up a test mule of some sort to see if a spray of acetone (or similar solvent) in the hole would dissolve the foam so you could access the hole and the wires, and have enough displacement to push the contact in place. And of course not ruin the wire PVC jacket, the paint etc. Just a thought.
16 years ago