Programming ADT Safewatch Plus RF

I'd like to add three sensors to my ADT system. I bought the sensors on Ebay for a fraction of what ADT would sell them for, but now I realize that probably part of the cost was programming. Can anyone offer some suggestions on exactly how the new sensors are to be added? And then, how is ADT notified of the changes for monitoring? Thank you, Don

Reply to
Don
Loading thread data ...

ADT won't monitor any devices that they didn't install (or takeover). Tampering with their system will void any warranty. When your contract expires then you can add anything you wish but until such time they are the only ones allowed to alter the system config.

Reply to
I brive a dus

They won't. You shoulda had them do it from the getgo you woulda saved your eBay money.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Sure. Step 1: Call ADT Step 2: Schedule a service call. Step 3: Pay the nice technician to do the work properly. js

Reply to
alarman

Lemme guess, you don't think its a good idea to call ADT and possibly avoiding violating any warrenties?

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Evidently I touched some nerves with my question. A little background. I bought this system new over ten years ago, paying a fair amount of cash at the time for what I assumed was a good system. Generally, I still think it is a good system although I've wondered a few times why the response to an alarm would take up to 30 minutes. (These were accidental by guests). Over the past 10 plus years, I've paid $25 and $30 a month to have the system monitored, which, other than for what I just mentioned has been worth it for my peace of mind when I'm gone for the week leaving the family at home. I own the system - ADT does not and ADT has no obligation to me other than to provide the services I pay for each month. By the same token, I owe ADT only for the services they provide each month. Because the system is mine, I feel I can make any modifications or changes that I desire - including adding sensors that were purchased from non- ADT sources. I evidently made an incorrect assumption that this group was for discussing problems, issues, questions, etc., so thanks for the quick education.

Reply to
Don

You should really read the FAQ.

Reply to
Frank Olson

Where are they located? Thank you.

Reply to
Don

And ADT could be held liable for any unauthorized changes you make to the configuration to the panel

Reply to
Mark Leuck

and in many ADT contracts I've read; even after you finish paying for the system you still do NOT own the panel.

| > > Sure. | > > Step 1: Call ADT | > > Step 2: Schedule a service call. | > > Step 3: Pay the nice technician to do the work properly. | > > js | >

| > Evidently I touched some nerves with my question. A little | > background. I bought this system new over ten years ago, paying a | > fair amount of cash at the time for what I assumed was a good system. | > Generally, I still think it is a good system although I've wondered a | > few times why the response to an alarm would take up to 30 minutes. | > (These were accidental by guests). Over the past 10 plus years, I've | > paid $25 and $30 a month to have the system monitored, which, other | > than for what I just mentioned has been worth it for my peace of mind | > when I'm gone for the week leaving the family at home. | > I own the system - ADT does not and ADT has no obligation to me other | > than to provide the services I pay for each month. By the same token, | > I owe ADT only for the services they provide each month. Because the | > system is mine, I feel I can make any modifications or changes that I | > desire - including adding sensors that were purchased from non- ADT | > sources. | | And ADT could be held liable for any unauthorized changes you make to the | configuration to the panel | |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

You can search "Google", but I maintain a copy at

formatting link

Reply to
Frank Olson

Yes you might own the system, HOWEVER as long as ADT is providing monitoring, you will be prohibited from making changes to your system. This is a liability issue. No one here would work on another companies monitored system(unless it was to take it over). nor would they condone any DIY for the same reason.

It's all about liability!

Reply to
Tommy

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.