Recs for a Wired Alarm System w/ Easy Programming and Wireless add-on

Helping out family with a house that is prewired for alarm system, on the less expensive side.

Struggling with the programming of a Honeywell Vista 20p, it is such old technology.

Any recs for a quality basic DIY wired system with wireless add-on potential?

Preferably with a computer-based programming capability?

I have an ELK, but that is too pricey for them.

Reply to
oldcrow55th
Loading thread data ...

For the long run, I would recommend that you recommend an experienced alarm company to that family. Obviously, if you are doing the work for them they will not be monitored, and that is not favorable to the family that you ar e "helping out". Companies install V20p on a regular basis today... so it i s not old technology. Yes, they still manage to keep their 'pager' programm ing in there, yet I can't remember what a pager looks like since I last car ried a voice unit in the early 90s. All systems can add wireless, some are built into a keypad and others use an add-on card. If you cannot follow pap er programming sheets, do not think that using a computer will make it any easier. That poor struggling family that you mention should be able to find a decent company that will not tie them down for 3 years at an exhorbitant rate. Help them find a company that will just sell/install the system at a decent upfront cost and that has a decent regular monitoring rate. They wi ll know everything about the programming.

Confucius say, " Those who seek free things are cheap as can be ".

and " It is only when a mosquito lands on your 'noogies' that you realize that there is always a way to solve problems without using violence ".

and " Elevator smell different to midget "

Reply to
E DAWSON

I'd get a DSC Alexor. It's a fairly priced, easy to install Security System.

If you have any questions contact me snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com

Reply to
Jacob Grahn

I'd suggest a DSC Alexor, it's fairly priced and easy to install.

Reply to
Jacob Grahn

A DSC Alexor for a pre-wired home?! Really!

Alexor self-contained security system easily installed and easily defeated. The problem with inherent self-contained security systems lend to security compromises.

You are reposting to other forums from this forum.

Reply to
napinc7

Umm the Alexor has been discontinued by DSC, why you would recommend it for a prewired home is beyond me

Reply to
mleuck

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.