Another dumb burglar

Once again a moron has attempted to break into my office. This latest try was on Friday morning at 3:10am. Dumbo enters the building through an UNLOCKED door. He walks up the stairs and tries to jimmy my door open. It immediately dawns on him that the door belongs to a security company so he turns his attention to the other businesses in the building. After 5 minutes he finally opens the door to one of the businesses. It's at that point that he decides he might be best suited if he put his gloves on. He enters their office and steals $65 along with their mail. Now he ventures to the back hallway and breaks into the other business where he spends an hour trying to open a safe. Frustrated by his lack of success he departs the building leaving a gigantic mess. So how do I know these details? Ahhhhhhhh we installed cameras in the building when we first moved in. Bozo was staring at the cameras for a bit. FWIW it's a Mace DVR and the quality was awesome.

Why didn't an alarm go off when he broke into the other 2 businesses? Well they never really felt like they'd need one because after all with an alarm company in the building wouldn't a crook think the whole placed was protected and just break in elsewhere?

Can it get any funnier? But of course. One of the businesses decided to beef up security by changing the locks even though he gained entry because someone forgot to lock the door. The other business saw the light and had us install a system.

Window stickers and yard signs are NOT security!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If I can ever figure out how the hell to post footage I will.

Reply to
I brive a dus
Loading thread data ...

Save it to an .avi file and post it on

formatting link
js

Reply to
alarman

Shoulda named this, "Another dumb burglar, a couple dumber business owners."

Or just "Dumb and Dumber".

Ah, I knew it! YOU hired the burglar ;)

What alarman said.

Reply to
Matt Ion

"...... FWIW it's a Mace DVR and

Do you use their cameras as well. I have used thiers with mixed results. It is good to know about the DVR's though. I haven't tried them yet. no experience with them and no testimonials, either.

By the way,

I saw the followup on the food drive in one of the trade mags. Keep us posted on this year's and I'll be saving coupons.

Reply to
Tommy

I've got a MACE DVR on my demo equipment rack. I've got a couple of their IR cameras hooked to it. Been there for almost a year. They seem to be working ok. PPS is only 30 and its simplex though so I keep the DDM DS2 as my main recorder. I'll be adding a Netpromax FalconPlus to my test and demo rack soon. I setup three of them for a client a while back and other than being Windblows boxes they seem to work pretty darned good.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Thanks for the info. Simplex would be OK in most of my base (small retail).

BTW do you still have those CO detectors? If so what models?

Reply to
Tommy

Reply to
I brive a dus

I have a barrel of wire going, but with the little stuff you have to strip it to get any kind of price.

Reply to
Tommy

Yeah, I posted the models when I was at the old office, but the post didn't show up. I'll look again next time I'm in the old office.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

messagenews: snipped-for-privacy@8g2000cwh.googlegroups.com...

Beats throwing it out though.

Reply to
I brive a dus

Without trying to be an asshole, if this were my business, I'd be a bit concerned about the competency of my Sales Team? Regardless of the fact that the "other businesses" were in the same building as me, they certainly should've been made fully aware of the fact that "business is business" and that no-one recieves "freebies". More fool whom, the people whom have gone without paying for the services they now recieve or you, the person that has missed out on that income for all that time?

P.S: Simply a business minded approach, no offence intended.

I brive a dus wrote:

Reply to
KPONEILL2006

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.