PR: Brinks vs. Tech-man.com

Using the same template 500 times is not programming.

Yes, we know why you find it difficult. That's not a measure of what others can do.

Actually, I sell far more Ademco Vista-20P systems than all Napco panels combined. That's because many people come to my website looking specifically for that panel, having received bids from local alarm companies seling that product.

Yeah, sure. You spend more time riding your bicycle than programming Napco.

I was already installing and programming security systems when you were in grade school. I chose to program Napco by PC long before most dealers had computers. When decent laptops became available, I bought one for myself and one for each of my installers because you're far less likely to make a mistake programming an advanced panel by PC than by keypad. I teach DIYers to do it that way for the same reason.

Ademco has an advantage in this area. It's easier to program the Vista series panels by keypad than Napco.

Reply to
Robert L Bass
Loading thread data ...

You'd think they would send an email or something to tell you 5.2 was out. Didn't they release 5.1 and then pull it back? LKDL series? You mean the same panels without the "e" at the end?

Reply to
Roland Moore

C'mon Robert, why do you go there. You know that is not true and if you do happen to truely believe it, then where did you get your statistical data. Is there really some reference out there that states that the majority (since you said "most") of alarm installers have not received a high school diploma?

Reply to
Bob Worthy

I've yet to meet one that hasn't completed HS. Most have at least some college.

Reply to
G. Morgan

I didn't bring up Mensa.

I base it on the people I've met working in the industry for nearly 30 years.

Nope. Just personal observation.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Bullshit! Most have no college at all or they'd get a better job.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

What could be better than installing alarms for a living? The smell of wood shavings, drywall dust, crawl spaces, attics... I wouldn't trade any of that for sitting behind a desk... Well... maybe the attics. :-)

Reply to
Frank Olson

How would you know? You've never installed alarms for a living.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Bingo!

Reply to
Frank Olson

How would you know? You don't even know where I work!

Reply to
Frank Olson

Then I would have to question the circles you were running in. I am not naive enough to think that non graduates don't exist in this industry, but for you to say, "most" people in this industry didn't graduate high school is derogatorily inaccurate. It leads one to believe that your statement may be self serving in order to support your claim, to the DIY market, that anyone can do this, even if your a high school drop out.

Reply to
Bob Worthy

Many many have had 1 semester to a couple of years of college. Not everyone by any means but I have interview more than just a couple of applicants in the last 26 years to know this is true. You obviously have been too far removed from the operations end of this business to know what these folks make now days. The piecework wages also escalated the annual wages far beyond what one would think. It is nothing to see people in the 50K to 60K range and in some areas it is higher if they want to work by the piece and put in the time. There are alot of people that went to college that aren't doing much better if at all.

Reply to
Bob Worthy

In other words, your own statistical data which is so obviously skewed by personal prejudice and petty jealousy. I'd like to suggest a quick survey of the professionals that post in this Group. How many completed high school? How many are college graduates (or have some post secondary education)?

Which means absolutely nothing. You don't install for a living and have demonstrated a good deal of personal animus for the installation trade and alarm companies. Your frequent "statements of fact" are simply your feeble efforts at deriding the very trade which you "say" you have worked in for

24, 25, 27, and 30 years. By the way, from the things I've read, your own licensing information in Connecticut doesn't support your claims for the time(s) you've listed frequently as actually _installing_ and _servicing_ alarm systems.

Frank's right. You're an idiot.

Reply to
FIRETEK

You know that this is just a continuation of his effort to belittle installers. He's got to continuously spew his stupid garbage in this Newsgroup so that end users will continue to think that it's an easy job to install their own systems and that they shouldn't trust installation companys.

It's quite obvious to anyone who installs systems, that Bass is gradually loosing ground in his ability to guage what goes on in this industry. I'd like to call him a "Has been" but ..... actually he's a "Never was".

The one good thing that's coming out of this thread is that it's giving Roland an ample opportunity to see what a scum bag Bass is.

Reply to
Jim

I've never used the template feature

When just about everyone else says the same thing it is

See? Even the DIY'ers think so

companies seling that product.

And they spent 3+ hours trying to figure out Napco's installation manuals

That is true, from your last picture it looks like you should as well

grade school. I chose to program Napco by PC long before

bought one for myself and one for each of my installers because

PC than by keypad. I teach DIYers to do it that way for

Meaning you can't program from the keypad

series panels by keypad than Napco.

Duh

Reply to
Mark Leuck

I received 5.2 several months ago before it was released although it sounds like it still hasn't been released?

Yea none of the LKDL series is in it yet, when they do add it I can finally dump the DOS software

Reply to
Mark Leuck

He goes there not because its true, he goes there to make him look good and the rest of the industry look bad. I should think you'd know this by now

Reply to
Mark Leuck

So you've talked to all the installers I've met -and- determined they're all liars and underemployed, huh? Have another Vicodin asshole.

Reply to
G. Morgan

"FIRETEK" a écrit dans le message de news: vM36h.10030$ae6.2088@clgrps13...

completed HS and have a collegial technical degree in electronics(telecome to be precise) but in think it doesnt mean the same as your collegial degree..

here we have 6 year of elementary 5 year of high school then collegial wich can be 2 or 3 year(2 year for general collegial,and 3 year for technical stuff like electronic,computer,ect...)

Reply to
Petem

Most of my DIY clients are better educated than that, but I don't disagree. It's not rocket science.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.