PR: Brinks vs. Tech-man.com

Struck a nerve, eh?

"Frank Olson" bubbled:

Reply to
Robert L Bass
Loading thread data ...

You don't read well. I repeat: "I don't put much stock in anything you have to say about anyone here".

So far you haven't been able to prove ANYTHING you've said about me but (like the "National Enquirer") you'll continue to repeat your lies, innuendo, and outright fabrications hoping that you'll sucker at least one or two readers into "buying into" them. Like the DIYer's you "cater" to though, you'll find them to be a bit more savvy than that. It doesn't take a "rocket scientist" to recognize a "Fruit-Loop" (or an Asshole).

Reply to
Frank Olson

understanding in an hour.

Umm no

the most frequently asked questions -- not the only ones

Now we're talking hose?

Reply to
Mark Leuck

No question, Robert doesn't understand that most people do NOT download panels and instead program by keypad which is very difficult to do on high end Napco panels, even judging the software it is by far the most complicated pile of crap compared to what is offered by GE, DSC and Honeywell.

Impossible to learn? No but much longer to learn than Robert makes it out

Reply to
Mark Leuck

What did the National Inquirer say about you Frank?

Reply to
G. Morgan

Frequently, because you have so little to say.

"I don't put much stock in anything you

And yet you devote most of your online effort to posting about me. Interesting.

I've had a lot of fun passing your lies about aviation to aviation engineer friends and clients. Everyone who heard your ridiculous story had the same reaction -- you're a liar, an idiot or both. I assured them it's both.

Tell us again how you snap-rolled an airliner. Heh, heh, heh. :^)

Now explain again how a ladder with weight on it jumped off the beam it was restin on and into an open electrical cabinet. What was the voltage it you claimed to have survived? 50,000? 440? 208? A 9-VDC battery?

Tell us more stories about all the high rise buildings in Vancouver where you've installed commercial fire alarm systems. Whiloe you're at it, tell us the name of one single inspector who ever heard of you. Oops. They don't exist.

You consider the IB savvy? Hahahahahahahahaha....

To successfully install an alarm system? Of course not. Otherwise most of the morons here would be out of a job like Cracker.

Hmm. Those are words that numerous individuals (not numerous aliases, like you use) have used to describe you.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

I realise that you can't, but I was speaking about people of normal or better intelligence.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Correction. I didn't speak of most "professional" installers. I was speaking of most DIYers and I can assure you that most do indeed use the software.

I probably have at least 2,000 times as much experience dealing with DIYers as you.

Heh, yeah sure. The fact is that it is far easier to program a Napco panel by software than by keypad. It takes less than an hour to teach most DIYers how to fo the job correctly.

Given your limited intelligence, I can understand why you would think that.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Frankie....... You and Sharon Stone are an item....... Wow, you go dude :-))

I read first in the Enquirer.......

Reply to
Russell Brill

Do I? How many of my recent posts have been "about you" (as opposed to RESPONDING to you)?

friends and clients. Everyone who heard your ridiculous

them it's both.

Like I said, so far you haven't been able to prove ANYTHING you've said about me...

I never "snap-rolled an airliner". Heh, heh, heh.

restin on and into an open electrical cabinet. What was

Just over 600. But you forget... You weren't there.

you've installed commercial fire alarm systems.

What high rise buildings? I don't "install" commercial fire alarms. I'm not an electrician.

Oops. They don't exist.

I can give you the name of dozens. But then, they would all be subjected to more of your "anyone ever heard of Frank Olson" phone calls and all sorts of email bombs (which is also your "speciality").

I wasn't speaking of the "IB". :-P

the morons here would be out of a job like Cracker.

Dang... the "cut and paste expert" rears his ugly Ass again...

you use) have used to describe you.

Uh-huh... Sure.

Reply to
Frank Olson

Oh Crap. Now I've gotta go to the local grocers and buy all their copies before my wife sees one...

Reply to
Frank Olson

It's not what they said... It's the pictures they printed of me and Sharon on the counter.

Reply to
Frank Olson

Ariel Sharon? Ewwwww...

Reply to
G. Morgan

RESPONDING to you)?

That's the point, moron. Your entire existence revolves around your pathetic attempts to attack me.

You never piloted anything either.

restin on and into an open electrical cabinet. What

Neither were you. You made the whole thing yp just like the lie about snap-rolling a 737.

you've installed commercial fire alarm systems.

You're also not an alarm installer. You're just a stupid clerk.

But they onmly exist in your mind so you make up excuses.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

attempts to attack me.

Nope. You've missed the point (as usual). And you didn't answer the question either.

Well, I haven't piloted a Cessna 152 tail dragger. I do fly a C-185 on amphib floats about two or three times a month though. And my partners latest "toy" has allowed me to keep my IFR endorsement current as well.

snap-rolling a 737.

Which brings me back to my original point. You've never been able to prove I've lied about ANYTHING. That just galls you, doesn't it Bass?

Prove it. Where do I work (what's the name of my company)? What's the name of this "mystery woman" that says I worked for her at a local distributor? C'mon, Bassy. Spill the beans. What? You can't? Because you're so full of bullshit your eyes are brown!

Nope. The one that keeps making up these installation fairy tales (to gull DIYer's into thinking you know what you're talking about) is "onmly" you...

Reply to
Frank Olson

If you use the Napco v 5 for Windows software it is a little easier that the older DOS stuff. The DOS stuff was especially nasty when you were plugging along in a group of features and it switched and jumped to a whole new range of numbers just to keep programming the same type feature information. Then the v 4 Windows stuff had those zone types where the were trying to take a page out of the then Radionics book to have regular global loop codes. I bet everyone would find errors on their programs because the error check itself wasn't bug free. It would always flag false error messages. Those kinds of things I feel it would be hard to explain to a DIY guy. Hey new guy, trust me! Pay no attention to the errors the application says you have in your program. Napco still won't include the older 1000, 1008, 1016, etc. in the new v 5 for Windows so you still have to mess with the old DOS interface on legacy panels.. Napco GEM series isn't the kind of system that likes to be keypad programmed like an (Honeywell) Ademco low end Vista or low end DSC. I could see a DIYer having an easier (but still not easy) time with those panels.

Reply to
Roland Moore

Fortunately, the V5 Windows verion of Napco's software does make programming the new Gemini series panels rather easy. I remember when they first came out with a Windows version. Itr was awful! The key to programming a new panel from scratch using the software is to NOT [escape] out of the initial series of screens that come up when you create the account. I can walk a newbie tech or DIYer through the process in a few minutes, explaining the essntials as we go. I've done it hundreds of times.

Also, now that Napco has "zone types" (preselected groups of features), it is often possible to program the whole system without venturing into the massive features screen.

The fun part of programming a Napco Gemini system is in scheduling. Using a series of "overlaid" (for lack of a better description) screens, you can program the panel to arm itself on schedule, throw programmable relays to control other devices, enable and disable the maid's code, etc. It truly is one of the most configurable systems on the market. That same configurability is probably what confuses Leuck onto thinking the panel is so difficult. It's really not hard once you understand the way it all works. I usually suggest DIYers get the basics working, save the program as a backup file and then experiment with things like scheduling, access control, etc.

I also have taught numerous DIYers to integrate Napco Gemini P9600 panels with home automation software. Most use HomeSeer but a few have taken an interest in Charmed Quark so I guess it's time for me to get a copy of that, too.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

I found the DOS program slightly easier to use. The windows version is better if using a networked database although in my opinion it's not designed for a large database.

Napco 5.2 has the 1000e, 11008e and 1016e, I wish they'd hurry up and add the LKDL series

Which is why both panels have a much larger market share, Napco has powerful panels but they are a pain to program

Reply to
Mark Leuck

a series of "overlaid" (for lack of a better description)

programmable relays to control other devices, enable and disable

the market. That same configurability is probably what

hard once you understand the way it all works. I usually

and then experiment with things like scheduling, access

Leuck has most likely programmed and downloaded far more Napco panels than you've ever seen in your 20 to 40 years in the industry. I have gone over many times in the past why Napco has traditionally created harder than average to program panels (with the exception of the XP and 400/800 panels). Any panel is not hard once you understand the way it all works, the problem is getting to that point, you feel the need to make it sound easier than it is because you push the product and it's the only panel line you know.

I happen to know better and by looking at some of the changes in the most recent versions of the high end panels Napco confirms it. Since you can only program by downloading I doubt you've noticed

Reply to
Mark Leuck

He doesn't know it all that well. You forget that he maintains he can program one of their LCD keypads to display more characters on a line than even the manufacturer says is possible.

That's an observation I've noticed some others have made about him here as well.

Frank's right. Bass is an idiot and an asshole. I'm "away" from the Group for a few weeks and there's 4000 posts to weed through (a good portion of which turned out to be about "family values" from this moron). That, and all the useless "html" from his websites got me to seriously consider putting him on my "ignore" list. I decided against it, though. I just wouldn't want to miss any of his manure pellets of wisdom. :)

Reply to
FIRETEK

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.