PR: Brinks vs. Tech-man.com

Four corners!!!

Reply to
Robert L Bass
Loading thread data ...

Pete & Frank,

I don't think a poll is necessary. Every company I've worked for (admittedly a lot, Tom) requires a HS diploma. Some have even made me prove it.

bAss is just instigating more turmoil in the group.

That said, I wouldn't hesitate to hire a non-grad if he could demonstrate an ability to read technical manuals and comprehend them. I once had an interview where the owner asked if I was familiar with a certain panel, I answered no. He handed me a manual and asked what

*exactly* were the steps to change the entry delay. I looked at the manual and in five minutes had the answer to get into programming, go to the correct address, and enter data. I got the job that day.

BTW--- 'Fuck You' in advance, bAss, for your inevitable smart-ass comment.

Reply to
G. Morgan

It's not rocket science.

Ahhh yes... The famous bAssanova post editing. Haven't seen that in a while.

Reply to
G. Morgan

I ran a small alarm company in a highly competitive marketplace for better than

24 years. I paid my techs (mostly college grads) better than most of my competitors.

Paying by piecework is the best way to ensure a sloppy job because it rewards speed above quality. After reading your comments in the newsgroup for a couple of years I can see why that wouldn't bother you.

In today's economy that's a pretty poor salary. Even six years ago my techs were making more than that and they were paid by the hour.

Blame Bush for that.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

I couldn't agree more.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

You expect these guys to tell the truth?!? Hahahahahaha.

It means exactly what I said at the start. That is what I have observed.

I sold my alarm company after 24 years.

That is completely untrue. I respect installers that do a good job and alarm companies that treat their customers well. I also speak the truth about those who don't and that causes a lot of anger on the part of a few morons who spend all of their spare time here because they have no life. I post here because it's part of my job. What's your excuse?

Reply to
Robert L Bass

24 years. I paid my techs (mostly college grads)

I assume you have a HS diploma, and you just admitted to hiring techs that were mostly college grads. So...... Don't you see the contradiction you just made?

Now tell us again where the data you have about "most installers" not having a HS diploma comes from.

Lay off the narcotic pain killers some, they make you look dumber than usual.

Reply to
G. Morgan

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Reply to
G. Morgan

Actually, yes. I do, with but one exception. You are the only one that has demonstrated a penchant for lying as well as a distinct lack of scruples by editing another individual's posts in a feeble attempt at one upmanship. You "say" you abhor individuals that operate outside of the law, yet you yourself installed and serviced alarm equipment without the proper licensing for four years and then have the temerity to "boast" about not being able to pull a permit until 1989 when you upgraded your license after running afoul of an inspector.

When did you "observe" this? You've just admitted to hiring college grads as installers. This is nothing more than what most responsible employers would do and speaks to a process of "natural selection" that would negate your earlier "observations" about "most installers". Do you often contradict yourself, or is it just in this Group?

Really? And how many of those "24 years" were you engaged in unlicensed activity? How many of those "24 years" were you living in Florida? How many accounts did you monitor? After "24 years" the RMR must have been phenominal. I'm surprised you're not living in a mansion on the beach somplace warm with beautifully tanned hot and cold running maids to cater to your every wish.

What is? You do frequently speak out against the trade and alarm companies! You just as frequently misrepresent the legitimate practice of restricting access to system programming on _monitored_ alarm systems as a "conspiracy" by unscrupulous installers to prevent people from programming their own systems? What a total crock!

their customers well.

From my _own_ "personal observations" the majority of installers do a "good job" and "alarm companies treat their customers well".

What is your criteria for "those who don't" do a good job? Would that include unlicensed activity? Failure to pull permits? How many years were _you_ working on the fringe?

Ahhh... I see. So, if we were to take a page from your "modus operandii", and extend this a bit further, "part of your job" then also includes running down professional installers and alarm service companies. You don't by any chance also work for an online alarm parts store do you? :)

It's "part of my job". ;)

Reply to
FIRETEK

I really don't understand. If in many years of being in the alarm industry all you have seen are high school drop outs I don't think you have seen much of the industry other than residential and small commercial work. Although most of the folks here post about residential security, there is a group called systems integrators that don't do much work in residential market. Systems integrators for the most part have nothing to do with the DIY market and never will. To maintain a business relationship with various manufacturers that market only to systems integrators involves constant training. I have 150+ hours of college credit and some courses on product deployment are more difficult than many senior/grad level college courses in hard sciences I have had (as a Biology major and Chemistry minor). Like programming a big video switch with a hybrid IP based matrix for example. Now that edge recording has made its way to the market, CCTV topics like these below are now the bill of fare. How deploy, repair or configure an iSCSI RAID (w/Hyper Term) or understanding how to control the CIF resolution and frame rates to stay within bandwidth limitations when no QoS is in the routers or OS. If one didn't graduate from high school because he or she didn't care much for study, the alarm business is the wrong business to be in. Sure you run into guys that won't learn how to back focus a camera or what an IR cut filter is for, but they do learn something from someone, even if its just the parts counter guy, or they go to some other line of work. To me the alarm business is all about studying and trying to learn new things all the time, and that is part of the reason I post here. Another is many of the posts are really funny and entertaining.

"Mark Leuck" wrote in message news:kf2dnQ6oJY4RYcXYnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com...

Reply to
Roland Moore

Just keepin it fresh

Reply to
Bob Worthy

rewards speed above quality. After reading your comments in

Now, now Robert, play nice. Read this again. No where did I say I use, or ever used, pieceworkers. Please repost my comments for the benefit of all the new comers, to see what would have brought you to this conclusion. I wouldn't want anyone to think that I post any contradictions.

techs were making more than that and they were paid by the

Reply to
Bob Worthy

I don't need to do anything to make the rest of the industry look bad. You guys do a bang up job of that all by yourselves. Think about it for a minute before posting another snippy reply. I post mostly help to DIYers. You and your pals post mostly right-wing garbage interspersed with personal attacks. I realize no one here respects Cracker and Jiminex, but those two idiots alone do more in the average day to destroy the alarm industry's public image than all of the statements I've made in eight or nine years posting here.

90% of Leuck's comments are Repugnican garbage, xenophobic nonsense or deliberate provocations. He has said in the past that he enjoys it when morons like Jiminex and the MM erupt in vulgar, personal diatribes. You, Worthy, are no better with all your so-called "giggles and kicks." All that does is drive away serious professionals. I've been told by more than one manufacturer's rep that they don't post here specifically because of all the racism, vulgar language and vitriol.

If any of you guys actually cared one whit about how you make the industry look to people who could add more signal to the noise here, let alone to outsiders, you'd change the way you act. The problem is many of the regulars here don't really care at all. Others have somehow confused this very public forum with a smoke-filled room at their state chapter's monthly meeting. It's not a private chat room. Everything you say is permanently recorded, making *you* look like fools.

Of course, if you really don't care how badly you portray the alarm trade, feel free to continue. I can take everything you dish out and hand it right back (without the profanity). You'd be surprised how many times customers tell me that they're calling

*because* the idiots in the newsgroup try to harass me. Most people see right through the garbage you guys post.

Consider this, Worthy. Suppose your customers saw you routinely posting attacks on another tradesman. Do you think it would inspire confidence in you or your company? Why do you think Jiminex hides behind a fake name and email address? He knows that if any of his customers saw him saying the king of things he does here they'd switch to another alarm company in less time than it takes him to type $%^#.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

You guys do a bang up job of that all by yourselves. Think

help to DIYers. You and your pals post mostly right-wing

respects Cracker and Jiminex, but those two idiots alone do more

of the statements I've made in eight or nine years posting

deliberate provocations. He has said in the past that he

diatribes. You, Worthy, are no better with all your

professionals. I've been told by more than one manufacturer's

vulgar language and vitriol.

mmm struck a nerve

Reply to
Mark Leuck

It's not my problem if you make the trade look like a bunch of morons. The more you and your pen pals post trash the more people decide that "professional" installers aren't the kind of people they want in their homes. Guess who wins.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

more you and your pen pals post trash the more people

their homes. Guess who wins.

Yeah, now you got it. The more garbage you post the more you get thrown right back at cha. You are so f****ng blind to what you are. An arrogant,snotty asshole who instigates trouble wherever you go. No one comes here and that's just the way it should be.... until the day you die. Everytime someone of any value has come here in the past YOU'VE been the one reason they've left. Would you like to see a list of people who've come and gone from this Newsgroup and what they thought of you? I'll be very happy to post it. You don't have any thing left that you can say that supports you as being the "good guy" Everything that you say can be refuted by quotes from your history in Usenet.

And you ask ...... Who wins?

Who the f*ck cares? As long is it's not you.

And besides ....it couldn't be you because you CAN'T win anything ....... cause your dead!

Reply to
Jim

Last I checked you were the one saying most installers never graduated

Reply to
Mark Leuck

guys do a bang up job of that all by yourselves. Think

to DIYers. You and your pals post mostly right-wing

Cracker and Jiminex, but those two idiots alone do more

the statements I've made in eight or nine years posting

Oh yeah surrrrrrrre ...... that's way everyone has something to say to you about your easy going personality and your "loving" comments about the installation trade. You're a fraud and you just keep on trying to convince yourself those that don't know your history that you're not the cause of the destruction of this Newsgroup ..... right along with all the shit you pulled in the other Newsgroups. You're eight or nine years of posting has consisted of trying to defend your right to be a literal asshole while professing to be the noble saviour of humanity. You're a crock of bullshit and stupid on top of that to think that you could convince anyone that you've been innocent of causing the condition of this Newsgroup. You've just finally reached the point that you've done everything to everyone and have no way to deny anything that anyone says bad about you. The only thing you have left is to try to shift the blame on all the people though the years that you've offended and insulted. Theres not a thing that anyone says about you that cannot be pulled up and quoted as continuing proof that you are a habitual liar and consummate trouble maker and have no concern about anyone but yourself. And you are fortunately now in the position of having no where else to go except down. And I DO mean DOWN! Way WAY down.

deliberate provocations. He has said in the past that he

Yes yes yes and they all are directed at YOU! Why is it that everyone hates Robert Bass? Is it because Jim tells people what you're really all about? Well then I guess it's working ..... isn't it? At it a bitch that now there's someone who YOU can't stop from being JUST LIKE YOU .... only worse? Remember what you did to the people in the Aviation group? They hated you for what you did and there wasn't too much they could do about it. But, as you can see, all they had to do is be JUST LIKE YOU and then there would be no group for YOU to participate in either. How may customers have you lost because of what you've done to people in this Newsgroup? You have no idea. But it's got to be hundreds. And boy, if that doesn't feel good to be partially responsible for keeping people away from your business. Isn't that WONDERFUL? Isn't it amazing how many people come here and see YOU for what YOU are and don't say a damn thing about the people who YOU say are ruining this Newsgroup?

professionals. I've been told by more than one manufacturer's

language and vitriol.

And that's just the way it should be until you're gone. Isn't it great that you'll be long gone and this Newsgroup will at last be able to function the way it was meant to ...... before you f***ed it up like all the others you've destroyed.

look to people who could add more signal to the noise

many of the regulars here don't really care at all.

at their state chapter's monthly meeting. It's not a

look like fools.

Yes .... like what you did to the people in the other groups that you were in. And about the people that you personally attacked. And how you went real life with people and how you mail bombed people and how you posted long messages and HTML and called people all kinds of vile names and how you disparage the installation trade and lie to end users and the list goes on and on and on.

feel free to continue. I can take everything you dish

many times customers tell me that they're calling

through the garbage you guys post.

Yep and that's why you don't get much business from it either. That's how much it gets "seen through"

attacks on another tradesman. Do you think it would

behind a fake name and email address? He knows that if

switch to another alarm company in less time than it

Nah you know it's precisely because there are nasty rotten sons of bitches like you who'd stop at nothing to ruin someones life or reputation simply because they disagreed with you. And it's all proveable by your past conduct in Usenet. You're a f*ck faced liar and thief. And shortly we wont have to deal with you any longer.

I hope that every day that's left in your short miserable life that you think of me every time you get a glimmer of hope that you're going to get well. Your not. You're going to die and you can't imagine how happy that makes me.

You are the most reprehensible and arrogant nasty son of a bitch I've ever come across and you're going to get exactly what you deserve .....a painful agonizing death. It's really great to let you experience what it's like to be on the receiving end of what you've dished out to people all your life.

Reply to
Jim

Clearly you don't get it. You're only making yourself look like a jerk. Posting your deranged hatred doesn't affect me. It drives people away from professionals (I'm sure you're met one once or twice).

Reply to
Robert L Bass

That is true. Most haven't. The point though is that saying it's not a highly educated group doesn't hurt the industry. Most electricians aren't college grads yet most do make a decent living. What hurts the industry is all the attacks you and your pals post. Feel free to pretend you don't understand what I'm saying. You're damaging yourselves and that's not a problem for me.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.