power supply for practical periferals modem

lost transformer for my practical periferals 1200samina any one know what voltage and type i need to fire this puppy up

Reply to
Nick Markowitz Jr.
Loading thread data ...

9VAC js
Reply to
alarman

Reply to
Nick Markowitz Jr.

I was gonna say, coming out of the old BBS days, just about every external modem I've ever seen used a 9VAC power supply... should be easy to find something suitable at any electronic supply, surplus house, etc.

Reply to
Matt Ion

Aren't the Hayes 1200s 13.5? Now I'm gonna have to go look.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Let me know what you find. I've had an old Hayes sitting around for years with no transformer. Figured I just hold on to it in case my present internal modem ever crapped out.

Reply to
Jim

I have a Hayes Smartmodem 1200 that says 13.5VAC, and two Hayes Optima 24's that say 9.5VAC. My Practical peripherals SA1200 mini-modem uses a Hayes

9.5VAC power supply. js
Reply to
alarman

Yes the Practical used 9 volts AC, I ended up buying a plug harness from the local electronics shop and powering that and Hayes 2400's with Simon and Lynx transformers

Some of the old Hayes externals used 13.5 with oddball plugs

Reply to
Mark Leuck

I've got the 1200 Smartmodem, but I'll have to open it up and trace the PCB condutors and try to find out what the 3 pin configuration is, if/when I ever need it.

I'm kind of wondering what's going to happen when computers only have USB connectors in the future.

But .... on the other hand, if we consider that the alarm manufacturers will continue keeping with their stellar product developement skills ...... maybe by that time we'll be using Ethernet modems operating a 300 baud.

Reply to
Jim

C>> Jim wrote:

Reply to
Roland Moore

"Roland Moore" a écrit dans le message de news:

46020da3$0$28101$ snipped-for-privacy@roadrunner.com...

You can use an UDS-10 or 1100 from lantronic direcltly,just program it properly and it will work...

I never bought one from them...

Reply to
Petem

I never bought one from Kantech/TYCO either. At almost 6 times the price of a regular Lantronix who would? It's the same part. I guess Kantech doesn't want to give out tech support to Lantronix gear. No need, Lantronix has good tech support. Once you get the unit working the way you want by programming with the web interface, you can telnet into the unit and save the program as a script with Hyperterm. When you get a new Lantronix you can reload that same script again and just change the IP address and away you go. Saves a lot of time and avoids typo and other mistakes. The bad thing is it won't let you change anything with the web interface anymore once it has been programmed with a script.

Reply to
Roland Moore

I never used any script option,always programmed them manually,I have a document with all the settings,and after trial and error(most of the time its just trial)its online and working!

"Roland Moore" a écrit dans le message de news:

4604c8ad$0$28155$ snipped-for-privacy@roadrunner.com...
Reply to
Petem

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.