Alarm company in Boston area

There's an old, well-established alarm company in the greater Boston area that is know for their alarm system museum. A friend asked me about them but I can't recall the name of the company. I do recall they have their own UL-listed CS and they've got a good reputation.

Does anyone know who they are?

Reply to
Robert L Bass
Loading thread data ...

is know for their alarm system museum. A friend

they have their own UL-listed CS and they've got a good

Reply to
Nick Lawrence

Bingo! That's the company. I got a call from a non-DIYer today. He wanted the name of a decent company in the Boston area. I met the owner once during my *very* brief tenure as NEACC rep for CBFAA (I think I attended 2 or 3 meetings and decided it wasn't worth the effort). I've heard good things about them from a few ex-customers of theirs over the years. Thanks.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

the name of a decent company in the Boston area. I met

attended 2 or 3 meetings and decided it wasn't worth

theirs over the years.

Wayne's one of the "good guys".

Reply to
Frank Olson

While we're on the museum subject... several years ago (probably 10) there was a GREAT book on the history of alarms, I bought a copy at NBFAA meeting then gave it to someone and never got it back. It had great photos of really old stuff. Anyone know the title of the book?

| > Does anyone know who they are? | >

Reply to
Crash Gordon

I've read a couple of good ones through the years also, but can't remember the titles. You might try looking for something about Edwin Holmes. He's credited with inventing the burglar alarm. However I think it was actually someone by the name of Paris (?) who submitted the first drawings for patent. Holmes probably just had more of a reputation as an inventor and was able to exploit it better.

Reply to
Jim

Reply to
I brive a dus

What did the Shsh shsh shsh Chefodafutua invent?

Reply to
Jim

Yes. It's called "The Rojas Garage: Part I"

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Reply to
Bob Worthy

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.