OT: "The Golden Phone"

A reporter decided to write a book about famous churches around the world. For his first chapter he decided to write about American churches. So he bought a plane ticket and took a trip to Orlando, thinking that he would work his way across the country from South to North.

On his first day he was inside a church taking photographs when he noticed a golden telephone mounted on the wall with a sign that read "$10,000.00 per call". The reporter, being intrigued, asked a priest who was strolling by what the telephone was used for. The priest replied that it was a direct line to Heaven and that for $10,000.00 one could talk to God. The reporter politely thanked the priest and went along his way.

Next stop was in Atlanta, there, at a very large cathedral, he saw the same golden telephone with the same sign under it. He wondered if this was the same kind of telephone he saw in Orlando and asked a nearby nun what its purpose was? She told him that it was a direct line to Heaven and that for $10,000.00 he could talk to God.

"O.K. thanks" said the reporter.

He then traveled to Indianapolis, Washington DC, Philadelphia, Boston and New York, then on to Portland and north to Seattle. In every church he saw the same golden telephone with the same $10,000.00 per call sign under it.

Upon leaving Seattle, the reporter saw a sign saying "Route 5 North to Vancouver, CANADA" and decided to see if Canadians had the same golden telephone.

He drove for awhile and finally arrived in White Rock, BC and sure enough, there again in the local church was the same golden telephone, only this time the sign under it read "25 cents per call". The reporter was surprised and so intrigued that he asked the church's pastor about the sign.

"Father, I've traveled all over America and I've seen this same golden telephone in many churches. I'm told that it is a direct line to Heaven, but in every state the price was $10,000.00 per call. Why is it so cheap here?"

The priest smiled and answered: "You're in Canada now son, it's a local call."

Reply to
Frank Olson
Loading thread data ...

Guess you gotta amuse yourselves with warm fuzzy Canadian jokes when it's -20c outside ;-)

Reply to
Stanley Barthfarkle

Not in Vancouver it ain't!!

Reply to
Frank Olson

Ouch... cold AND rainy.... :-)

Reply to
Stanley Barthfarkle

But it was probably one of the hand-crank phones right?

Reply to
Crash Gordon

He's doing that while others are making grand kids. Congrats Frank! Make sure you catch whatever you might have missed with yours growing up, spoil em rotten, get em all hyped up and then send them home. Grandparenting is great! All the fun without the problems.

Reply to
Bob Worthy

Very good Frank !!

Very good Frank !!

Reply to
BIG NIGE

I fully intend to, Bob... :-)

Reply to
Frank Olson

Bob your worst them me!!

But i just can say: Good Advice!!!! LOL

"Bob Worthy" a écrit dans le message de news: KiUuf.98320$ snipped-for-privacy@bignews6.bellsouth.net...

Reply to
petem

Here we have somewhere between 100,000 and 200,000 evacuees from New Orleans and other Louisiana locations. A local news reporter was interviewing families still in Louisiana and made the comment, "I know you must be devastated by the loss of all of your Churches" to which the Neworleanian replied, "No mam, it ait so bad, we's just go to Popeyes"

(Sorry)

Reply to
Allan Waghalter

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.