One of those strange phone calls

Had some one I went to grade school in 60's with and who was a bully call me to night out of the clear blue to apologies for bullying me all those years ago. Seems all these almost 40 years he was worried I might come and get revenge on him. and one should never let an opportunity pass:) considering I am over

6 ft and 225 pounds when i use to be this skinny weak little kid of 156 pounds when I graduated high school I can understand how he might be worried. Especially over the years I have whacked a few of those old bully's around when I had the chance. Ends up he has had cancer as well and it was a good conversation with him. catching up on old times. strange how one mellows and regrets what they did all those years ago. Its a shame how many of my class mates are dead , in prison or other wise have had a ruined miserable life.

Guess it is true what my Grandfather use to always say "Every dog has his day"

I wish him well and hope he has found peace in his life it is a shame it took this long to realize it though.

Reply to
nick markowitz
Loading thread data ...

That's pretty amazing. I can't imagine the effort it took him to make that call.

I was bullied and did my share of bullying, but would never expect anyone to call me ..... nor would I ever feel compelled to call someone.

It's just life. ...

There's this big "push" on now to stop the on-line bullying and it has spilled over into the school yard and hearing your story ... obviously, with all the publicity, some people are feeling the guilt of their childhood coming back to haunt them. I think it's like a lot of life's experiences. Some people use them to make themselves stronger and others it affects negatively. You know ..... what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. I suspect that that is more common but you only hear about the kids who off themselves because someone called them names.

Perhaps the helmets that the kids are compelled to wear while riding their bicycles will now come with ear plugs to drown out the bullying. Hey! That's it! ...A whole bullying protective kit, ...... Kevlar vest, knee and elbow pads, helmet, goggles, earplugs, stun gun ..... Kids will leave the house looking like that little kid in the red snowsuit in that movie, the Christmas Story.

Reply to
Jim

Yeah, I know what you mean about things you've done in the past that stay with you.

Every night I have to sleep in a swivel chair positioned in the middle of the house, with a gun in each hand.

Reply to
Jim

Maybe he's doing his 9th step:

1. Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others.
Reply to
G. Morgan

Maybe he's in a 12 Step Bully program.

I'd never been bullied myself, sure people made fun of me for a speech impediment I didn't even know I had, but once I beat the shit out of them the speech impediment went away (only half true) :-)

Rob

Reply to
Robosama

That's similar to my situation. I was always 10 to 20 pounds heavier than the other kids. Sometimes I'd get teased about it. When I was in first grade It would always make me feel bad ..... until I figured out in the second grade that it had a definite advantage when I was beating the shit out of them.

Reply to
Jim

That's good intel. I'll probably make some decent coin for passing that on.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

I've gotten used to the chair but the damn Kevlar suit and metal hat make me itch.

Reply to
Jim

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.