David Carr, Times Critic and Champion of Media, Dies at 58 [telecom]

I remember the documentary, a film about the New York Times. I realized, halfway through his obituary, that David Carr was the guy who had stolen the show; the two-pack-a-day voice of common sense, of stating the obious, of making it seem like it was a great job and important and worth every dumb question he fielded so intelligently.

I doubt David Carr ever wrote about telecommunications. I suppose I could check, but I'm exercising a point of privilege. I didn't know him, and never met him, but his passing makes me sad nonetheless.

His was the unstoppable spirit - a force that leaped across the gap of media and showed how incredible a life can be for one who lives it well, at full speed, without hesitation, apology, or shame.

It was fitting that he was gathered up suddenly, in the newsroom of the New York Times. I like to think he died at home.

Bill

formatting link

-or-

formatting link

Reply to
Bill Horne
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.