Old 4-channel ADT all-in-one Monitor/Switcher - what kind of wire?

Old 4-channel ADT all-in-one B &W Monitor/Switcher (no recorder) model AD1451042A - it's old but still works. The wires have proprietary connectors that resemble computer PS/2 connectors.

I'd like to snip the ends off and reuse the wires with video baluns. Otherwise I'm gonna have to rewire the whole place to replace the system which is gonna suck.

Does anyone know what size wire is in those things? Are they twisted pair?

Reply to
G. Morgan
Loading thread data ...

last time i had one of those type of wires apart it was several sets of twisted pair wires. Radio Shack had a similar switcher which used PS2 as well should be just matter of picking out the right pair for power and video .

Reply to
nick markowitz

the wire size was22/ 24 gauge

Reply to
nick markowitz

Thanks Nick. I appreciate the reply. The guy called back and wants to rewire everything anyway to "future proof" it. Me and my big mouth talking about IP cams. Oh well, it's only 120°F or so in the attic.

Reply to
G. Morgan

I know what your going to go thru was in a metal industrial building stringing wire thru ceiling yesterday

Reply to
nick markowitz

"Wusses!" :-)

Reply to
Frank Kurz

ary connectors

I was right next to a 480 volt busbar thats not being a wussie son.

Reply to
nick markowitz

etary connectors

s. =A0Otherwise

ants to rewire

Was up in the 90's here couple of weeks ago. Would working in a hot non-air conditioned resturant kitchen, next to the open gas broiler oven qualify? I mean ..... it was really REALLY hot ..... Had to step away every few minutes or I would have gotten well done on one side.

But, on the other hand ..... it smelled pretty good.

Come to think of it ..... it's pretty amazing that this control panel has lasted for about 10 years mounted this close to the oven. It's gotta be 120 degrees or more during working hours, 7 days a week. The oven was moved near the panel after the alarm was installed.

Reply to
Jim

rietary connectors

uns. =A0Otherwise

wants to rewire

This buss was put in this plant in 40's dont know how it stays up by it self to begin with. talk about the Frankenstein era.

Reply to
nick markowitz

Uh, huh. Come wire some southern Arizona attics boy. : )

I'm getting old and fat, and I've been crippled up for a while. I don't do to many any more. That and it just sucks.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

I agree it is hot over there would not want to do a Arizona attic did a Florida attic once that was enough. the problem here is 90+ days are very rare around here where usually

70's&80's is norm. and not too bad but tolerable.
Reply to
nick markowitz

Uhh.. If I ever have to get that close it gets locked & tagged out. I don't care if their gantry crane is offline for an hour or so. Safety first, kids.

Reply to
G. Morgan

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.