What kind of Media Gateway

Hey,

I'm new to this VoIP business. For a evaluation implementation of a VoIP system I need your help finding the 'best' media gateway in trunking mode (no matter if it's software or hardware). We got a couple of EURO ISDN (BRI) channels that goes up to one PRI in future on the PSTN side. On the VoIP side we got serveral users talking SIP (maybe IAX2 in future) with the need of using SRTP and MIKEY. What MediaGateway, MediaGatewayController, PBX (maybe Asterisk), Configuration, from which vendors etc. would you use to link such kind of system. I know that a MediaGateway only links the two medias and has nothing to do with the signaling between those two worlds, so a controller or PBX is also needed, isn't it? It would be very kind if you can give me some hints and advices where to look or where to find hardware and/or software.

Kind regards,

Bjoern Morgenthaler

-- think for yourself... question authority!

formatting link
GnuPGP encrypted messages welcome! Key: 0x293F8DCA @ wwwkeys.de.pgp.net

Reply to
Bjoern Morgenthaler
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.