Oh Sh** Moment

"Robert L Bass" wrote in news:tbMzi.66$u21.64 @trnddc08:

Yes i went through the ceiling. it was hardly ruined.

I also fixed it and my customer was more worried about me than her ceiling. Plus, if she needs anything else she can find me. My number is published and i don't have to be hunted.

Reply to
Tommy
Loading thread data ...

How would you compare that to the number of "hysterical" ( translates to "stupid") DIY problems that have been "described"?

You're such a f****ng predictable asshole. As if anyone here wouldn't consider that the opportunity for mishaps occuring to someone who installs systems every day would be greater than a one time DIY installation.

Reply to
Jim

up to my hips. One of my techs was working nearby and

legs dangling through the ceiling.

screwed down. I stepped on one piece that wasn't. It

repaint it. Fortunately, the wallpaper wasn't damaged.

and left a note explaining what had happened. The

had been done. Other than a couple of bruised elbows

believe anyone about attic flooring. :)

Not to worry Mikey. The odds are against him surviving the next 5 years without a fatal reoccurrance. Usually brain, lung or pancreas. Not too much longer, considering ..............

Reply to
Jim

Hope you weren't hurt. Ceilings can be repaired, knees are never the same. js

Reply to
Buggs

snip

Of course you did, dear.

js

Reply to
Buggs

"Buggs" wrote in news:Rk5Ai.53355$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe15.phx:

Nahh I'm OK. Just a bruise on my hip where i hit something. Not sure what.

Reply to
Tommy

Um, now it's all beginning to make sense. :-) js

Reply to
Buggs

Glad to hear it. Take care. js

Reply to
Buggs

Thanks. Me, too.

Down where? I installed in CT. That's quite a bit north of Sarasota. They're not called studs. Studs are the vertical members in walls. They're joists and most were 12" or 16" on center. Joists below a working floor (i.e., people will be walking above) are usually 12" on center. Wall studs are usually 16" on center. I think in some cases you could set attic joists at 24" but I don't recall seeing them so.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Glad you weren't hurt. My comment was in response to a stupid remark about DIY and was not intended to malign your workmanship or your responsibility in handling problems.

Mine is published, too, but why would anyone hunt you? Are you a friend of Dick Cheney?

Reply to
Robert L Bass

That comment is full of holes.

Reply to
Roland More

ROTFL.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

As you know in this business sometimes you here about famous people from professional contacts of one sort or another. Being as vague as I can in regards to a name in this thread, I can't tell you what I heard, not even by making up stories; but I feel safe in telling you what I never heard. So many rich, or famous, or powerful people are very gracious, especially when in the course of doing your job you are the one that gets inadvertently caught up in the spotlight or inconveniences of their life. Most of these folks can recognize almost intuitively that this life of theirs has nothing to do with you, and that is not the life you seek for yourself, and are not necessarily impressed with their life or lifestyle at any level. Others expect you feign some sort of interest in their life or perceived accomplishments, and act in an otherwise very condescending manner towards you. From all the snippets of information I have gathered I have never heard anyone comment "man, he is really a nice guy". Everyone has their own frame of reference to determine for him or her self if that is a positive or negative attribute. From the human to human frame of reference, I am talking about the comments one makes or hears when someone is trying to describe someone to you that you never met before. I am not trying to make any sort of political statement of any sort. I don't lean either way on this, let us say omission, I would merely say that's interesting. Additionally it is nearly 180 degrees from what I have heard about the guy a step above him on the food chain.

"Robert L Bass" wrote in message news:hLqAi.5267$oh1.3073@trnddc04...

Reply to
Roland More

in up to my hips. One of my techs was working nearby and

screwed down. I stepped on one piece that wasn't. It

repaint it. Fortunately, the wallpaper wasn't damaged.

installation and left a note explaining what had happened. The

anything had been done. Other than a couple of bruised elbows

Well, hullo there, Jim It's been awhile. I miss my old newsreader and am trying to get used to google reader so don't check in as much as I used to. I find it too much of a pain to follow the action and of course, still lots of crap to wade through. Good to see some familiar faces.... too bad Bass still likes poking folks in the eye, first email I read was his lame use of his detractors' names as verbs used in a derogatory manner. Quite pathetic that he has to resort to that to market an internet drop-shipping business.

Reply to
mikey

Ya know Roland ....... you're absolutely right ..... but there's always the exception to the rule. I've never once witnessed anyone who said Robert Bass was a really nice guy.

But in his case, ..... it's because he isn't .... and on top of that .....everyone is above him, on the food chain.

So, there ya go. ....... hmmmmmm! Go figure.

Reply to
Jim

in up to my hips. One of my techs was working nearby and

was screwed down. I stepped on one piece that wasn't. It

and repaint it. Fortunately, the wallpaper wasn't damaged.

Yeh, I had to do that awhile back, also.

Google's not the best but it's convenient and you get used to it after awhile.

Reply to
Jim

went in up to my hips. One of my techs was working nearby and

my legs dangling through the ceiling.

was screwed down. I stepped on one piece that wasn't. It

and repaint it. Fortunately, the wallpaper wasn't damaged.

to believe anyone about attic flooring. :)

Reply to
chasbo

I snipped most of the above mainly because I couldn't figure out what you were trying to say. No offense, but a little less vaguerie might help. As to Cheney and the Shrub, they're both evil. Shrub is mostly stupid and arrogant, a combination that became destruction to our national interests when combined with power. Cheney, on the other hand, is pure evil. He doesn't have Bush's stupidity as an excuse. He's a vile, hateful, disgusting bug in dire need of a rolled up newspaper. Thank God for term limits. Next year we'll be rid of the worst administration since Caligula.

One day next January the first woman Speaker of the House will greet our first woman president, Hillary Rodham Clinton. At the same time the Senate and the House will become more solidly Democratic and we can start to undo eight years of political mayhem. It's going to take decades to repair the damage Bush and Cheney have done. Unfortunately, it will take at least a generation to cleanse the Supreme Court of the jackasses these two have put there.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

ya think so? ya also think you;re some kinda alarm expert.

formatting link
this congress approval at all time LOW. on top of getting nothing done but meeting with terrorists.

Reply to
rabbid

proof that birds of a feather flock together. loser congress [18% approval rating] and loser bASS even less.

formatting link

Reply to
Mike

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.