RF Keypad?

Reply to
Bob La Londe
Loading thread data ...

Video: A Vancouver homeless man is electrocuted leaning on a city lamp standard

I'm not watching that!

Reply to
G. Morgan

It is amazing the amount of programming mistakes i find when I take over panels so obviously they are not using a laptop or if they are they still have no idea what there doing. and that goes for the people at office doing it as well.

Reply to
nick markowitz

formatting link

Well thats 6 minutes 19 seconds of my life wasted.

Doug

Reply to
Doug

Uhhhh! Could be. Didn't know they had one. How do I tell?

Reply to
Jim

You'd probably be better off if you smoked a couple of cigarettes.

Reply to
Jim

How many sets of keypad wires? How many keypads? Actually I have no clue if Ademco has a keypad with a receiver built in or not, but some other manufacturers do. One set of wires and one keypad. Must have an RF keypad.

formatting link
Hmmm. Looks like they have several models of RF keypad.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Get a set of Belgian headphones and play "Ca plane pour moi" by Plastic Bertrand in the vicinity of the keypad, if the alarm activates then its a wireless keypad.

Doug

Reply to
Doug

:

There are three keypads and three sets of wires tied into the panel. House was prewired so I can't physically trace the wires. Just a little down in the basement and a little up in the attic. I figure they must have tapped off of one of the keypad wire runs, someplace. I haven't looked at the connections to the backs of the keypads yet to see if there's a splice-in at one of them. I have to go back and start the home theater system next week, so I'll take a look then.

Reply to
Jim

I tried something like that but the aluminum foil on my head kept slipping down over my eye's and I fell down the stairs. Now I'm in the hospital where I tried the head phones jack in the jack on the wall. I think I blew out the nurse call.

Reply to
Jim

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.