Napco GEM-P1632 Easy Menu Mode

I am having trouble geting to the easy menu mode. On Page 47 of the install manual it shows the easy menu mode. I am trying to access the area of "# of zns in Area!1*" "Exit/Entry Zones, Interior Zones, chime Zones,

I am able to get to the date, time, dealer code, zone descriptions, and so on it shows repeat arrows in the area I can access.

I can also get to the direct address part but I do not know any address locations

thanks for any help

Knight

Reply to
Knight Houston
Loading thread data ...

A lot of stuff is only accessible the first time you enter the easy menu. After that you have to go to address programming or use the PCD software.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

is there a address guide ?

Reply to
Knight Houston

I am also have a fault in zone 8 with a resistor in line. when I hook up common for 7 and 8 I get a fault in both zones .... not understanding... is there a factory reset button?

Reply to
Knight Houston

Zone 7/8 is common/seven/eight not seven/common/eight like the other zones. Also, there are two jumpers on the board for seven eight which set them as either two wire fire or burg zones.

They do not wire the same for fire as burg. There is a wiring diagram on the door of the panel.

Also, there should be address programming in the programming manual.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

that was it ..... I did not pay attention to the wiring diagram !!!!

Bob La L> Zone 7/8 is common/seven/eight not seven/common/eight like the other zones.

Reply to
Knight Houston

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.