Looking for Components

Looking for Ademco compatible smoke detectors. I've done some google searching but the prices seem high ($60 for a 2wta-b)

Also need a motion detectors (dt-7235 or similar - I lean towards dual tec)

I'm putting in a system for a friend of my wife, single mom, severe budget issues and relationship related safety concerns. I've convinced her that if she's putting in burg, she should really add fire as her older home has ridiculously inadequate smoke coverage.

Money is an issue but I know better than to install crap and it will be monitored - I'll handle the service/testing. Ideal coverage for fire will need 5 smokes.

Need a source for the components (I have the panel & keypads) and monitoring (any comments on a company called "Alarm Relay"?

Thanks.

Reply to
JoeRaisin
Loading thread data ...

I use ESL smokes. They fall in the $40.00 range. I use Visonic Duo 200 and they're about $40 each also.

Reply to
Jim

Joe,

Email this guy and conduct your transaction outside of eBay (lower price because he does not have to pay the seller fees).

formatting link
He sells new, factory refurbish, and used equipment. Expect to pay 50% less (or better) than you would at ADI. I forgot his name but he's a friendly fellow that likes to help installers find good deals.

He's got 28 used System Sensor smokes for $20/each.

formatting link

Reply to
G. Morgan

Speaking of which... I just got an email from a guy that was looking to buy 250 C2-WBA's. He wondered if I accepted credit card payments and seemed rather anxious to process a transaction with me. He was also looking for some fire extinguishers. Hmmmm! I'll send him your way! :-)

Reply to
Frank Kurz

You can send him my way.

I've got a bridge I'd be willing to let go, at a resonable price.

Reply to
Jim

I don't think buying and installing used smoke detectors is all that smart of a thing to do. Motion yes, door contact yes, glassbreak yes but smoke or CO? No

Reply to
mleuck

No argument there!

Reply to
Frank Kurz

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.