Linear Corp system defeated by pulling off wall?

What's to stop someone breaking into a house, and within the entry period, just pulling this system off the wall?

formatting link
Are you supposed to put this using somewhere out of the entry area and use a remote keypad at the entrance instead?

Reply to
DeanB
Loading thread data ...

Thats the smart way to install it .all of these wall hang units are vulnerable and placement should be concidered but is not always thought thru.

Reply to
nick markowitz

I'm not much on all-in-one systems but you'd be surprised how seldom burglars think to do that

Reply to
mleuck

Every time I read about this subject (tearing the units off the wall) It's like they're going to be burglarized by the MIssion Impossible team.

I can't remember any time that equipment was damaged during a buglary. Years (and years) ago, they used to try and knock the sirens off the building on commercial jobs ..... but that was when there were more local system than monitored. You could tell who wasn't monitored because every morning on commercial jobs, the alarm bell would ring when they entered. Then ......... along that great invention .......... shunt locks!

Reply to
Jim

I've seen two cases (both, incidentally where the sub has opted for no siren, inside or out) where the perp ripped the keypad off the wall.

In both cases they thought they had defeated the systems and took their time - leaving the building right into the comforting arms of waiting police.

Okay, both times the perps were teenagers (14 and 16) so they were hardly the most astute criminals, but in my mind B&E guys are rarely the sharpest tools in the shed.

Reply to
JoeRaisin

Every time I read about this subject (tearing the units off the wall) It's like they're going to be burglarized by the MIssion Impossible team.

I can't remember any time that equipment was damaged during a buglary. Years (and years) ago, they used to try and knock the sirens off the building on commercial jobs ..... but that was when there were more local system than monitored. You could tell who wasn't monitored because every morning on commercial jobs, the alarm bell would ring when they entered. Then ......... along that great invention .......... shunt locks!

Reply to
Just Looking

I've had alarm panels attacked also, it's just that here is the only place I've ever heard of one of these "all in one" panels being attacked. I don't think that anyone who is breaking in actually knows that "this is one of those all in one systems so I'll stop the alarm by destroying it"

I think that when a keypad is destroyed, it wouldn't make any difference to the intruder what kind it was, he' d destroy it. It's just that when it's an "all in one system," destroying the device ..... actually works!

Reply to
Jim

Unless it is an on the wall type like a DSC Power Series 9045 or 9047, that works too.

I've had alarm panels attacked also, it's just that here is the only place I've ever heard of one of these "all in one" panels being attacked. I don't think that anyone who is breaking in actually knows that "this is one of those all in one systems so I'll stop the alarm by destroying it"

I think that when a keypad is destroyed, it wouldn't make any difference to the intruder what kind it was, he' d destroy it. It's just that when it's an "all in one system," destroying the device ..... actually works!

Reply to
Just Looking

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.