Elk M1 and X10 (TW523)

What kind of RJ11 cable do I need to connect a TW523 to the Elk M1? Straight or crossed? Where exactly do I configure it in the ElkRP program or does it just know how to talk to it (using on board connection, not Serial Expander).

- James

Reply to
Jamesarm97
Loading thread data ...

I would imagine you would need the RJ11 or 12 6 conductor cable.

Jim Rojas

Jamesarm97 wrote:

Reply to
Jim Rojas

Careful Jim. I don't know what a TW523 is, but if it has to do with programing ..... I'm told that if you use the wrong cord with the napco dongle, it can cause some damage.

Reply to
Jim

You're right about the Napco PCI-MINI dongle. Use the wrong cord and you can ruin the PCI or the board. The M1 connection to X10 is much simpler. The preferred interface is the PSC05. You should use a standard, 4-conductor telephone cable.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

You're back! Howz things?

Reply to
Frank Olson

The chemo failed. I have to go to the hospital again on the 27th to start a new regimen. The treatment is palliative though. The cancer is no longer curable -- scores of small tumors throughout the lungs, some in the pleura, six or seven in the lymph nodes and one on the heart. It's beginning to hurt now -- pains in the chest come and go kind of at random. I don't work much any more. The girls take care of everything for me.

I'm going to take some time soon to travel a bit with Angela. We're going to ride the Natchez Trace and the Blue Ridge trail on my M109. If time and health allow we will also take my mom on a driving trip to visit aunts and uncles around the US.

The doctor said I have maybe 6 months to a year. I said that's good news because by the time he sends his bill to collection I'll be gone. :^) All kidding aside, the reality is they don't have any idea how long I'll last.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Robert, I had a good day today. Customer called me about an EST Quickstart he needed to get configured for the EST tech that's arriving on Monday. We found one bad 16 zone expander board in the four the wholesaler provided. At first I thought it was a bad CPU because the system recognized that there were "unexpected boards", but the "auto learn" function wouldn't work. It took about a half an hour for me to figure out which board it was and then it was a simple matter of replacing it with a good one. I wish it was that way with our own body's systems. Find the bad component and switch it out...

I simply can't find the words that would adequately describe how I feel on reading your news. I continue to hope and pray for you and your family. God keep you, my friend... And God Bless you and yours.

Reply to
Frank Olson

"Robert L Bass" wrote in news:hIKdneQ1hN55wRPUnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

When you start up (or down) the trace. hop off onto hwy 72 and come west into corinth ms. Give me a shout and i will treat you to lunch.

If you'd like give me a holler at snipped-for-privacy@leesecurity.net

Reply to
motley me

Absolutely will. Thanks.

Regards, Robert

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Abes Grill??? :^)

Reply to
Robert L Bass

nor does anyone else. PS. make sure to check out all 60 states while driving around. just like osbammie said.

Reply to
KingFish

AMEN! I love their chochlate gravy.

Reply to
motley me

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.