Keypad height

Unless everyone in your area are midgets its not

Reply to
Mark Leuck
Loading thread data ...

They're 45" to the top of the plate out here...and lower for handicapped. At 45" that's too low for LCD for sure...so we go at 55+.....also keeps the little ones from pushing buttons.

| >> There's a couple of nutjobs out here that install them at switch | >> height...totally absurd. | >

| > Why? It's a decent height for most people | | The switches in my old house are at about 51", not too bad. But most of the | newer houses seem to have them at about 45" which is too low for an LCD | keypad. Years ago I asked my wife (66" tall) where she thought the keypad | should go. She pointed to the wall and I measured. 55" is where they have | gone ever since. | js | |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Shoulder height works best for me and the vast majority of my customers.

That way it's not so high that you're straining to reach the keypad, and yet not so low that you're bending down to read it.

There have been a few exceptions of course. There's a few electrician-prewired ones I have at about 3 feet high, for a wheelchair accessible government building. I had to sit on the smallest chair I could find to program that one. And there's one where the lady of the house wanted it around 7 feet high. I never could see the logic in that one.

Reply to
shady

Oh, that was probably my ex operating the system while riding her broom. :^)

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Our standard is 5ft, though one of our shortest installers always tends to put them higher. I don't know why...

Reply to
JoeRaisin

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.