Re: Pull Station Height

> Hello all, > > Well I was hoping that Nick was still on line but it seems that he is > not. > So does anyone else have an answer to the question below?? > It never ceases to amaze me that for every rule there seems to be a > different opinion. > > TIA Les > ============================================ > > This is a question for Nick to help keep his brain functions working. > > NFPA 72 says that the pull station should be mounted at 42-54" AFF > > ADA says that the pull station should be mounted at 48" AFF > > PA Title 34 Part 1 says between 36" and 44" AFF > > > So what does ICC ANSI A117.1-2003 say??? > > I can't seem to find an exact reference to this listing. > > Nick can you quote the section on this item??? > > Thanks in advance. > > Les > > >

Mounting height for NFPA is 42" to 54", mounting height for ADA is 15" to 48" front reach and 52" for side reach, ANSI refers back to NFPA

Reply to
Jgforces
Loading thread data ...

HOLY CRAP!!!

I posted that initial question at least 15 or more YEARS ago. And I thought the internet moved at the speed of light.

Now I am thinking it must move at the speed of dark.

Scary, very scary.

Les

Reply to
ABLE1

Yeah, reminds me ..... with all the research they've been doing for the transition from incandescent bulbs to LED's, they're come up with a new device. It's called a DED. It's a dark emitting diode. The more power you put to it, the darker the room gets.

Reply to
Jim

:-) I may end up paying out royalties to you on that one. Thanks!!

Les

Reply to
ABLE1

Problem is .... once you turn it all the way on, it's really hard to find your way back to the switch to turn it off.

Reply to
Jim

That is when you have to implement that new device called "The Wireless Flashlight". I saw they had them at Lowes a while back. I should have taken a picture of the display but I was in a rush.

Reply to
ABLE1

That is when you have to implement that new device called "The Wireless Flashlight". I saw they had them at Lowes a while back. I should have taken a picture of the display but I was in a rush.

They've had the DED out for years...

You may know it by another name though

"Black Holes" LOL

RTS

Reply to
RTS

You mean they've finally perfected it? I gotta get one.

Tesla was working on wireless power ages ago!! I can't wait to see the big electrical arcs coming from my WiFi router.

Reply to
Jim

You know guys that, somebody turkey is going to read this thread a number of years from now and then tell a buddy; "I was reading about DED's and it is really cool!!" And his buddy will say; "Wow, wonder if Home Depot or Lowes has them??"

Les

Reply to
ABLE1

Yeah .................. I know!!!

(heh heh heh heh!)

Reply to
Jim

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.