Kantech EntraPass

Looking for people who has set up remote work station access with this software.

Reply to
A.J.
Loading thread data ...

witch version?global or corporate..(special edition cant have remote gui)

I train other tech on it maybe I can help

whets your problem?

"A.J." a écrit dans le message de news:

7u_3f.193109$1i.21055@pd7tw2no...
Reply to
petem

Use PCAnywhere, and make your life simple. EOS

Reply to
Jackcsg

What for??

Reply to
Frank Olson

Corporate Edition, need to know the various option for remote workstation connection.

Both workstation and server are located behind corporate firewall located in two different organisation. Need to find out the ports to open at the workstation location as well as the server location, or is it just simpler to accomplish with VPN ? If dealing with VPN, which ports will need to be opened at either location ? I am doing some test right now with the software and sort of figured out the ports that they are using, both incoming and outgoing at the workstation location, but it will save me a lot of work if I have the correct settings from people who has done this before.

Kantech support said it's up to the I.T. to figure it out, and I.T. said they can't do anything unless they have specs from Kantech regarding the software connection, and in the mean time bosses from both organisation are getting mad at us for wasting their staff time etc. etc.

Thanks ..

Reply to
A.J.

Or use the free VNC or the free Remote Desktop built into Windows XP, but remote control is not an option here. They only want the remote workstation to access the server, not the computer.

Reply to
A.J.

OK now you are playing with fire..

The port used by the software are:

Port SERVER 18000 Port WORKSTATION 18101 Port WORKSTATION GATEWAY 18102 port GATEWAY 18103 port SMARTLINK (network) 18204 dll smartlink 18200 port EPConnect 18112 Protocol TCPIP

those are the port used at the software to listen in..

so at the server site you need to open from the exterior toward the server port 18000 tcp out from the server site toward the workstation port 18101 tcp

out from the workstation site port 18101 and in from the exterior post 18101 all tcp

one other thing to know..when registering the workstation to the server the epconnect port must be open at the server site to accept connection from the exterior on port 18112 tcp

i just don't remember right now ( don't have all my documentation with me) if it need to be open all the time...(the 18112 port)

hope it will help a bit..

"A.J." a écrit dans le message de news:

0Ze4f.209830$tl2.56963@pd7tw3no...
Reply to
petem

Now we are talking, these are the exact info I am looking for.

Where did you obtain these kind of info anyway ? The first tech support I spoke to was able to give me those port number, but did not tell me what they do. The second tech support basically had me going in circles for minutes before telling me the server can be configured to any port for working with the Lantronix module.

Thanks Pete.

Reply to
A.J.

By the way, from the testing I have done with the software, I have found other ports that are been used. I wonder if you have any documentation on those ports ?

Action Pro Remote Port Local Port Application

Incoming TCP xx.xx.xxx.98 2865 xx.xx.xxx.155 18101 \\Workstation_CE\\Bin\\EpCEWorkstation.exe Outgoing TCP xx.xx.xxx.98 18000 xx.xx.xxx.155 1226 \\Workstation_CE\\Bin\\EpCEWorkstation.exe Outgoing TCP xx.xx.xxx.98 18000 xx.xx.xxx.155 1227 \\Workstation_CE\\Bin\\EpCEWorkstation.exe Outgoing TCP xx.xx.xxx.98 18000 xx.xx.xxx.155 1228 \\Workstation_CE\\Bin\\EpCEWorkstation.exe

Reply to
A.J.

Incoming TCP xx.xx.xxx.98 2865 xx.xx.xxx.155 18101 \\Workstation_CE\\Bin\\EpCEWorkstation.exe Outgoing TCP xx.xx.xxx.98 18000 xx.xx.xxx.155 1226 \\Workstation_CE\\Bin\\EpCEWorkstation.exe Outgoing TCP xx.xx.xxx.98 18000 xx.xx.xxx.155 1227 \\Workstation_CE\\Bin\\EpCEWorkstation.exe Outgoing TCP xx.xx.xxx.98 18000 xx.xx.xxx.155 1228 \\Workstation_CE\\Bin\\EpCEWorkstation.exe

Reply to
A.J.

like I told you I train other tech on this software..

and one other good thing is that before Kantech was named Omnitron,and there was a installing/monitoring company that was part of it...called omnitron too..they spitted then one became Kantech,the other....well it kept the name omnitron for a period of time,then they were bought by a big corporation in Quebec, and became....well I wont tell cause I don't want anyone to know were I work :-)

"A.J." a écrit dans le message de news: nak4f.202163$1i.1309@pd7tw2no...

Reply to
petem

a long time ago...LOL

that just the proof that I am at the same place for too long...LOL

"A.J." a écrit dans le message de news: x_w4f.205618$1i.153268@pd7tw2no...

Reply to
petem

All these must have happened long time ago then ? Because when I was first involved with the DOS version of the EntraPass software in the late 80s, the company was already called Kantech. It's amazing that those controllers that I worked on then are still working today.

Reply to
A.J.

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.