Extend Range

Where can I add a wire to extend the range of a Linier D24 A transmitter?

Reply to
Rich
Loading thread data ...

to the antenna

Reply to
moe

Mine doesn't have a short wire coming out of it. At what component Resister or cap would it be.

transmitter?

Reply to
Rich

is there an f connector on that unit?

Reply to
moe

The length of the antenna has to be the correct length for the wavelength of the transmitter...I agree...if he can find the rigid whip antenna for the Linear transmitter that would be the way to go. And even still..the range gain may be minimal.

| >

| | |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

formatting link

Reply to
moe

This unit is that old and no fittings

Reply to
Rich

Rich,

Simply adding wire to an antenna doesn't necessarily improve the performance of the transmitter, most of the time it will take the antenna circuit out of resonance and degrade performance... Contact Linear's tech support before making any changes........... Good Luck, Russ

Reply to
Russell Brill

I noticed a cut jumper in mine. But cant find any reason for it The web page shows no jumper to cut for any reason of setting a delay.

Reply to
Rich

wavelength in meters = 300 / frequency in MHz

A 433 MHz transmitter has a wavelength of .6928406 meters, or 27.270206 inches. You HAM guys can check my math, but theoretically, you could make a quarter-wave antenna of approx. 6.82 inches.

js

Reply to
alarman

The antenna has to be a specific, exact length which is inversely proportional to the frequency of the transmitter. You may use half or quarter-wave antennas though. js

Reply to
alarman

AND if you ran that out a few more feet...you could just run a wire to the door/window.

| >

| >

| >

| >> wavelength in meters = 300 / frequency in MHz | >>

| >> A 433 MHz transmitter has a wavelength of .6928406 meters, or 27.270206 | >> inches. You HAM guys can check my math, but | >> theoretically, you could make a quarter-wave antenna of approx. 6.82 | > inches. | >>

| >> js | >>

| >>

| >

| >

| |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

or slap a 500 watt linear amplifier and a nice beam antenna on that baby and yer all set.

| >

| >

| >

Reply to
Crash Gordon

"Mark Leuck" wrote

:-) js

Reply to
alarman

You have to use a Belgian Balun Babbelator Adapter Device (BBBAD) to get it to work.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

OK whare in the little transitter do you place it? Where on the circuit bord dos it go?

Reply to
Rich

What would happen if I add a longer wire to the receiver?

Reply to
Rich

I could run a piece of coax 20 ft to the edge of the room shorting up the transmitting distance.

Reply to
Rich

if you use twice the length you have yourself a 1/2 wave antenna..

4 time a full length antenna..

anything between and you have a un tuned antenna witch is usually worst then no antenna

"Rich" a écrit dans le message de news: - snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com...

Reply to
petem

if you don't have the matching coax for the line you will have a bad signal..

if the transmitter was balanced to transmit on a 300 ohms line and you put a

75 or 50 ohms line you will in fact lessen the overall signal

"Rich" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com...

Reply to
petem

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.