It's me

Well like I said, he's either a world-class shmuck, or unbelievably dense...

Reply to
Matt Ion
Loading thread data ...

Or both!!! ;-)

Reply to
Frank Olson

It's not the cookie causing the problem tho... all the cookie seems to do is tell WinFixer (or whatever is linking to it) that you've already been through the "install-me-or-die-no-really-you-must-install-but-I-insist" process once. Once the cookie is there, the popups don't happen anymore. remove it, and it runs again.

Reply to
Matt Ion

Its not the pop ups, its his response to it. The pop-up/under is generated by the website counter he is using and he was probably unaware of it until it was brought to his attention. Rather than acknowledge the fact and correct it, he chose to start with the same old RLB crap, deny everything and call everyone else a liar.

Doug L

Reply to
Doug L

Then you are either ignorant, don't want to admit it or intended the popups to be there

There is an easy way to prove this, get RH Campbell, Jackcsg or Crash to go to the site, if they are interested, seems simple enough

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Some versions of zonealarm have a privacy setting that will block pop-ups and cookies.

Doug L

Reply to
Doug L

I went up to RLB's site and clicked on a large number of pages, and didn't see any popups whatsoever. However, in fairness, I have just about every security precaution turned on in my computer.....router, firewalls, popup blockers, Zonealarm etc....so frankly, it's a wonder my e mails even get out. But I usually am notified if a pop up tries it's tricks, and nothing showed up.

What the hell is with the number of obsessive posts about pop up's on RLB's site anyway ? Seems like people are being a bit "anal retentive" here !! Let it go for crying out loud........

RHC

Reply to
R.H.Campbell

a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...

No, you do owe him an apology

And you know that its true even if you deny opening the attachment of my email.

that just prove your full of it...

do yourself a favour and start acting like a man,you were proven wrong..accept it...

Reply to
petem

The firewall/blockers/Zone alarm aren't an issue but try deleting all your cookies in IE and turn off popup blocking and they should appear

The only reason people are being anal about it isn't because popups exist but the fact he denys it when it's obvious that it's true

Reply to
Mark Leuck

You went looking for pop-ups with pop-up blockers enabled?

Doug L

Reply to
Doug L

You are reaching a little bit, unless I missed something I noticed only one window which is easy to close and if they make return visits it won't appear again (I think). Its not like they spend all their time clicking windows closed. Many would have either Firefox or IE with SP2 and have it blocked anyway. As far as the amount of product he offers thats for him to decide but remember how much fun it is when he slams something he forgot he carries like umm carpet snakes etc

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Depending on the configuration IE with blocking enabled will show a popup window asking to allow a popup, at least thats what it did with me.

Reply to
Mark Leuck

What's equally "dispicable" is that the folks at "kounter.com" aren't up front about the fact that utilizing their code exposes visitors to a website that uses it to some very annoying pop-up ads. Of all of the ones I've seen, "WinFixer" is the worst. If Robert was at all "code savvy", he could rewrite the script supplied by "kounter.com" to "pop-up" messages from his own site (advertising specials, etc.). He says he gets 30,000 unique visits every month. I wonder how many of those don't bother to stay because of the pop-ups and how many just decide to shop else-where because it takes so many clicks to get to where you can actually compare products. The site itself is a "kludge" because he insists on "pushing" everything. Most of the really successful online vendors settle on one or two manufacturer's products, not the whole "galaxy".

Reply to
Frank Olson

Delete your cookies, then try it. If you've been there once, the site - whether Bass's code, or the Kounter, or something else - puts a cookie on your machine that appears to tell it not to produce the popups again.

But the popups ARE there, the moment you first load the homepage at

formatting link

Well in my case, it was Bass's post calling Olson a liar. I have no particular interest in Bass's products or services or visiting his web pages, but this prompted me to check out Olson's claims, and he was correct. Others have tried it and found the same thing. Bass is now calling us all liars.

Reply to
Matt Ion

There are at least a dozen people here that say you're wrong. You're a sad case, Robert... Paranoid, delusional, ego-centric and egotistical. If you weren't such a cheap prick, you'd opt for the hosting package that provides statistics instead of relying on "Kounter.com". How do you figure they can afford to "give away" their service anyway?? By linking to paying advertisers, ya big dummy!!! Sheesh!!! :-)

Reply to
Frank Olson

Is Campbell some judge who will make it be so just because he saw it? I'm sure some folks here find Campbell to be a decent fellow but for fucks sake this guy has spent the last few years either pretending as if Bass is the innocent victim of newsgroup flames or posting horseshit about how we are evil for using contracts. Just about everyone who went to bassburgers.com saw the damn thing. Who gives a monkey f*ck what the hell he thinks? You could bet if Cooper owned that website that Campbell would see the popups.

Doug L wrote:

Reply to
Where's my WEBTV?

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh so now you see the popups too? Get a real ISP like WEBTV and you won't be flooded with spam. Graham said he found 2 of them. Want to see if they'll give us a disocunt for a bulk purchase? :-)

Mark Leuck wrote:

Reply to
Where's my WEBTV?

And yes you DID miss me. God damn Brits always bullshitting. Your new queen was over this way last week. Dude you folks need to chip in and get Charles some glasses. She looks like a blonde Buddy Hackett.

Doug L wrote:

Reply to
Where's my WEBTV?

The point is, who gives a damn if he's got popups ! It's his problem pure and simple. You guys have spent untold posts fretting about him not seeing the bloody things, as if that's the only thing you have to contribute to the newsgroup. I sometimes think that if RLB left the group, you guys would have nothing to piss and moan about. Whether you like him or not, and whether you or I agree with his conduct or not, RLB is still a contributor to the group and has been here a lot longer than most of us. This is not a defence or a condemnation of his conduct on the newsgroup. Just a simple statement of fact ! And he likely won't go away because of anything you guys can think to do. Live with it !!

Cooper is just a scammer plain and simple ! I care even less if he has popups on his site !

Get a life for crying out loud !

RHC

Reply to
R.H.Campbell

Prince Charles was driving around his mother's estate when he accidentally ran over her favorite dog, a corgi, crushing it to a pulp. He got out of his Range Rover and sat down on the grass totally distraught. The whole world was against him and now his mother would go ballistic.

Suddenly he noticed a lamp half-buried in the ground. He dug it up, polished it and immediately a genie appeared.

"You have freed me from thousands of years of imprisonment," said the genie. "As a reward, I shall grant you one wish."

"Well," said the Prince, "I have all the material things I need, but let me show you this dog."

They walk over to the splattered remains of the dog. "Do you think you could bring this dog back to life for me?" the Prince asked.

The genie carefully looked at the remains and shook his head. "This body is too far gone for even me to bring it back to life. Is there something else you would like?"

The Prince thought for a minute, reached into his pocket and pulled out two photos. "I was married to this beautiful woman called Diana," said Prince Charles, showing the genie the first photo. "But now I love this woman called Camilla," and he showed the genie the second photo. 'You see Camilla isn't beautiful at all, so do you think you can make Camilla as beautiful as Diana?"

The genie studied the two photographs and after a few minutes said, "Let's have a look at that dog again."

Reply to
Doug L

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.