Posting etiquette question

Hi,

I have a question, is it considered bad etiquette to repost a question if an answer was never received? For instance, I never had a single response on:

formatting link
Is it okay to repost the question or will that be bad board etiquette? Because i am in a bind with these VPNs and need some help.

Thanks.

Reply to
K.J. 44
Loading thread data ...

Hi Kevin,

The remote peer is not responding to the client's request to establish the connection.

Make sure you can ping the remote peer, or check remote peer logs for why it is not responding to the client.

Sincerely,

Brad Reese BradReese.Com - Cisco Repair

formatting link
Hendersonville Road, Suite 17 Asheville, North Carolina USA 28803 USA & Canada: 877-549-2680 International: 828-277-7272 Fax: 775-254-3558 AIM: R2MGrant BradReese.Com - Cisco Power Supply Headquarters
formatting link

Reply to
www.BradReese.Com

The outside IP address of the ASA is being Natt'ed won't affect the fact that this is the IP I am trying to connect my VPN to?

Thanks.

formatting link
wrote:

Reply to
K.J. 44

Usually the reason there was no answer is because no one could answer it well. And reposting a few days later is not likely to change that.

Reply to
Barry Margolin

Yes.

It was bad etiquette the first time, to post a config trimmed down too far for us to be able to debug the problem. We need to see access-list 110, and we need to know whether you have sysopt connection permit-ipsec, and if you do not then we need to see inside_access_in and outside_access_in

You should also be considering that the documention indicates that you should not use group 2 with AES-256: you need group 5.

You also haven't shown us anything from debug crypto ipsec or debug crypto isakmp

Reply to
Walter Roberson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.