Internet panel controled

What alarm panel can I monitor over the internet and have it send out SMS calls to a cellphone? Rich

Reply to
Rich
Loading thread data ...

rich check out the internet connection module ICM honeywell makes for there panels it may fit the bill Im using one on my house and its pretty slick

Reply to
nmarkowitz

The ELK-M1G can be monitored and controlled over the Internet. It will not send SMS but it can send email.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

See if

formatting link
works for you. It uses GE brand panels.

Reply to
Just Looking

I wouldn't hold that against them, they probably don't know any better.

Reply to
alarman

If it can send email, then SMS text messages can be sent to a cell phone via the cell phone provider SMS gateway. Pretty neat stuff. Bottom of the below link has the provider gateway email addresses. I've written a program that sends messages to my El Cheapo Tracfone. One can get a tracfone for $10, and a $20 3 month service card with 60 min would allow for 180 incomming text messages.

formatting link

Reply to
Si Ballenger

That's interesting, Si. Do you know anyone who has done this with the ELK system? I didn't find it mentioned on the ELK forum.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.