I heard some news

Does anyone know what happened to Jim Rojas?

Reply to
Jim Davis
Loading thread data ...

I don't. He hasn't answered his cell phone or returned a text or email in a while.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Came across this

Google this

Federal Register :: In the Matter of: Jimmy Rojas, a/k/a Jim Rojas

Reply to
Jim Davis

If this is true, I am truly surprised. I dealt with Jim on this newsgroup f or a decade and a half, plus I met him once personally while in Florida, an d he didn't strike me as the kind to deliberately get involved in somethin g like this. I'd like to hear his side of the story before coming to any co nclusions. I know he made some enemies along the way, and he may have done other things after his involvement with alarms stopped, but THIS is not how I ever thought he would end up.

Jim, if you can read this, take care of yourself.

Reply to
Robert Campbell

I believe Jim was involved with or owned a international freight forwarding / re shipping service. I think amongst other things he would forward product to overseas purchasers from vendors that will not ship outside the US. Jim may have been duped by a customer and have inadvertently been forwarding prohibited items or he may have turned to the dark side. I read that 90% of cases are plea bargained out in the US, this can result in innocent people pleading guilty to receive a lesser sentence since they are unwilling to roll the dice when a trial and a guilty verdict can result in draconian sentencing

formatting link

Whatever the true story, I wish Jim all the best

Doug

Reply to
doug

for a decade and a half, plus I met him once personally while in Florida, and he didn't strike me as the kind to deliberately get involved in someth ing like this. I'd like to hear his side of the story before coming to any conclusions. I know he made some enemies along the way, and he may have don e other things after his involvement with alarms stopped, but THIS is not h ow I ever thought he would end up.

Hello Robert, I see you're still looking at the grass from this side. Keep on moving forward. Humans evolved to move forward. It kept them alive.

Re Jim R. If I were to guess, I'd think that he got involved with something that he didn't research before he shipped the items. The items listed are really not something that is all that hard to get. But I can understand tha t there's got to be a limitation on this kind of stuff proliferating and be ing used by nefarious people.

I'd guess that he just got caught doing something he wasn't totally aware o f the significance of what he was doing. And federal agents are really toug h on the little guys who know nothing of how the FBI works. Someone can be raked through the coals and with no funds to truly defend one's self from a federal prosecution they're completely helpless. What average person can a fford an attorney who is knowledgeable and proficient at pleading a case in a federal court?

Unfortunately it looks like he's out of the forwarding business for at leas t 10 years and what ever other consequences comes from being incarcerated f or a federal crime.

Too bad. He's a nice guy.

I wonder if he at least gets an opportunity to at least read this group ... . if not able to participate.

HEY JIM!!!!!

Reply to
Jim Davis

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.