House / Garage / 2 partitions setup question

Good day all, I have a question about my alarm setup.

Current setup:

I currently have 1 DSC main alarm panel with 8 zones (house) + 1 expander 8 zones (garage). [Garage is located in the backyard]

The house and garage were setup as 2 separate partitions. (I can activate 1 or the other independantly or both at the same time).

I have a DSC LCD Display in the house and another one in the garage.

My question:

When the alarm is triggered in the garage the "zone triggered" is being diplayed only on the LCD/Keyboard in the garage and not in the house. (And vice-versa)

Is there any way to have the "triggered zone" displayed on all LCD/KEYBOARD *even* if the 2 keyboards are on two separate partition ?

Example: if the alarm goes off in the garage I would like to see "GARAGE" on the LCD in the house.

Currently the horn goes on, but I have nothing displayed on the lcd (house), when one of the garage zone is triggered.

Is there any solution to that ? Thanks, Ben

Reply to
Bencrx91
Loading thread data ...

Generally partitioned systems act as two separate alarm systems and you can't display one partition on the other unless you install a keypad on the garage partition in the house. I say generally because I don't use DSC but I do use several other brand panel with partitions.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

You can access the other partition by pressing # for 2 seconds, and then the number of the other partition. Or, you can program the keypads as global, rather than being assigned to one partition or the other. However, a global keypad will not display any alarm info. until a partition is selected by pressing 1 or 2 for two seconds. js

Reply to
alarman

Ok,

I guess the 2nd LCD in the house is the most simple and cheap($) method to know what's happening in the garage.

Thanks again! Ben

Reply to
Bencrx91

That sounds a little easier than the way Napco does it. Global makes sense. In one business I actually had three keypds mounted side by side with labels in order to make it easy to understand for the "lowest" common denominator.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.