State licensing questions

I was surfing Kirschenbaum's website and came across State License links but I'm too damn lazy to sift through the legal mumbo jumbo just to get to the bottom line requirements so I figured I'd pawn my search off on the group. This is also the last industry related inquiry I will make until 2008. I am sorry but I break out in hives if I am serious more than once every ten years.

Let's start with this for our resident Floridians Norm Mugford, Bob

2Worthy, and Jim Rojas In the SDM Marketplace there's a company that advertises Florida alarm licenses for sale. Can one really just BUY the license? No schooling? No test?

Next is Texas so Mark you need to put the G.I.Joe down and post an answer. How many licenses do you need to operate an alarm company in Texas, and how easy is it to obtain the? I've heard you need an owner's license, installer's license, and a sales license. Is that true and is that the full extent?

For Mike Sabodish in Jersey: What are the requirements for Jersey licensing now? Schooling? Test? Were you grandfathered in, and if so, was it only for burg?

Anyone have knowledge of reciprocity between States?

Are the Level I through IV certificates valid in every state?

For Everyone else: What are bottom line requirements in your state? Schooling? yes? No? How many hours? Testing? etc.

IMO we need either national licensing or reciprocity between all states. Thank GOD driver's licenses are not treated in the same manner as alarm licenses.

Reply to
Mr.Double-sided tape
Loading thread data ...

You just don't understand all those big words

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Reply to
Mr.Double-sided tape

I figure he's more embarrassed by the fact that he has to move his lips when he does read. :-)

Reply to
Frank Olson

Reply to
Mr.Double-sided tape

And here I'd been lead to believe it was "cunillingus". You do have a reputation you know!!

Reply to
Frank Olson

This clearly demonstrates that you are in fact an installer. One of the many I've seen with every toll free tech support number programmed into his cell phone. In your case that's also along with every babe in Manhattan thats above the legal drinking age.

Reply to
Frank Olson

Reply to
Mr.Double-sided tape

Yep. It's also best "flown" while upside-down.

Reply to
Frank Olson

Silly - you know you can't fly an airliner upside-down. Especially not a mumbo jumbo!

Reply to
Matt Ion

In Pa no liscense except Pittsburgh ,Philly and bigger citys and then only commercail work and if existing burg commmercail no liscense needed in pittsburgh.

for commercail fire you must meet requuirements of nfpa 72 nicet card or factory or other training that meets nfpa 72 requirements.

But as usual vast majority of installers do not bother and do what the hell they want till they get caught. When we passed the UCC codes up in Pa 2 years ago were we are required to follow ICC and NFPA 70% of state contractors and installers failed to meet even the minimum requirment and that goes for AHJ as well we still have AHJ who feel they do not have to follow the neww ICC and are enforcing the old fire and panic act. Till the state comes in and stomps on them or they get the shit sued out of them Its a very sad situaion up here.

Reply to
Nick Markowitz

Reply to
Mr.Double-sided tape

theres a low voltage signal liscense and a high voltage electricains liscense you take a test but needless to say all it is is who works andwho does not first line on the permit form for pittsburgh is tax id number I try to stay out of the city more money to make in the suburbs

Reply to
Nick Markowitz

A cheque book

Doug L

Reply to
Doug L

Check! Check! CHECK!!!!!!!!!!!!! God damn Brits

Doug L wrote:

Reply to
Mr.Double-sided tape

Na ! It's "cheque".......English or Canadian english, not American English.....course, I'm getting so used to Fahrenheit versus Celsius down here in Florida, you guys might actually convert me....

Course I asked the first girl I met with that beautiful Georgia drawl to marry me, but she busted my chops.....

RHC

Reply to
Robert Campbell

Western PA experience - Our new building was having an inspection prior to insulating, and I had the inspector look at my attic heat install, since I had coverage questions. He asked me if the 2 x 4 ladders I had built in the trusses were to change the batteries in the detectors.... Wonder if he will want to see my battery calcs?

Rick

Reply to
ranger

AHJs are weird. Lately all they have been asking me for is an NFPA 72 inspection report which includes a battery inspection report, but not a battery voltage calculation.

I do a battery calculation on all fire systems, but they have not been asking for it. Finally I just started stapling it onto the back of my inspection report so if they ask I can tell them they already have it.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Reply to
Mr.Double-sided tape

Lose the "beautiful Georgia drawl" and you may have more luck with the ladies, and its centigrade, not celsius.

Doug L

Reply to
Doug L

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.